1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well now that the Endgame figure has been announced this one will be available on EBay for 50% off in very large quantities! Good news for anyone who wanted this version!

It'll be hard to resist the likely sales that'll hit this guy, but all things being considered, I can only pick one figure this big. And just as with Hulk, the more elaborate version is what's going to be the biggest hit on my shelves.

I wouldn’t assume he’ll go straight to the bargain bin. Once Endgame drops and this figure is in-stock, many will order him because he’s available and hype will be high.

I doubt this one is just going to plummet in value entirely. This is still a good looking figure in my opinion and I'm still glad to have it pre-ordered. Truth be told as cool as the armored version looks I prefer aspects of this one a bit more, and I also wonder if the armor might restrict articulation.

I wouldn’t assume he’ll go straight to the bargain bin. Once Endgame drops and this figure is in-stock, many will order him because he’s available and hype will be high.

That is what everone was saying about the 1st Dr Strange when the second came out and it is still has not (or rarely) dropped below the original retail price. This figure is the one that he won. He kicked everyones butt hard, destroyed half the universe and made it look easy. I consider it a must have in my collection.

That is what everone was saying about the 1st Dr Strange when the second came out and it is still has not (or rarely) dropped below the original retail price. This one is the one he won. He kicked everyones butt hard, destroyed half the universe and made it look easy. I consider it a must have in my collection.
Yep agreed. This is still a great representation of the character. While some people waited out pre-ordering and feel it paid off some are too quick to jump the gun on cancelling in my opinion.

I hate to be that guy but IW represents the penultimate Thanos appearance and Endgame is obviously the ULTIMATE. The Endgame figure is practically a DX figure and how many Thanos' do most truly need on their shelves. Opinions are going to split into two camps...folks who already pre-ordered the IW figure and will find the good in this honestly excellent figure...and folks who did not and will be thanking their lucky stars as they opt for the clearly better version. Both are great figures but if you want a Thanos I think it's clear which one is the better figure and representation. This one is going on clearance...Dr. Strange would have too if Hot Toys had stuck it to the customers on that one as well by putting the IW version up for pre-order before most people even had the standalone version in hand.

I hate to be that guy but IW represents the penultimate Thanos appearance and Endgame is obviously the ULTIMATE. The Endgame figure is practically a DX figure and how many Thanos' do most truly need on their shelves. Opinions are going to split into two camps...folks who already pre-ordered the IW figure and will find the good in this honestly excellent figure...and folks who did not and will be thanking their lucky stars as they opt for the clearly better version. Both are great figures but if you want a Thanos I think it's clear which one is the better figure and representation. This one is going on clearance...Dr. Strange would have too if Hot Toys had stuck it to the customers on that one as well by putting the IW version up for pre-order before most people even had the standalone version in hand.

It's all opinion. I might get the endgame one depending on what he does in the movie but for me it's not the ultimate because he did not need the extra stuff to win in his movie. It looks great and will really stand out on the shelf but i have to have the for sure badass Thanos on my shelf even if everyone else hates it :lol

It's like the MK50 vs MK85. The MK50 had the best fight scene (IMO) so far in the MCU maybe the 85 will have a much cooler fight scene BUT until then the MK50 is a must have for me just because of that scene against Thanos.

Check back with me after April 25th because i might have changed my mind on everything lol

Last edited:
Hot Toys even may not have made a ton of IW ones either knowing this one was coming. Who knows. Can’t wait for this one tho

If one has neither and is purely going for the best representation of the character aesthetics wise, then I think it’s EG hands down. However, I agree that there still are reasons to be optimistic about this version, that go beyond aesthetics.

For one, IW is likely going to be a superior film to EG.

And IW certainly allows Thanos to be his most dastardly and win in the end... which will likely NOT be the case in EG.

And IW certainly allows Thanos to be his most dastardly and win in the end... which will likely NOT be the case in EG.

Wut? Why do you think IW would be superior? Beside the fact that it's basically a part 1 and 2

I’m probably looking to recreate the Titan fight shelf with Iron Spider, Dr Strange and Mk50, so will need this version...

And whatever it takes to do the epic scene of EG :)

I’m not cancelling my pre-order. Just like some are saying, this is the most kickass version of Thanos I’ve ever seen and I will be happy to have this. If the EG Thanos is more of a badass, then maybe I will double dip.

‘Superior’ Iron Man looks or armors haven’t dampened the demand for older looks/armors. How many would pick up a new Mark 1 despite it being as useful as Black Widow or Hawkeye against Thanos?

As someone put it, this is the champion Thanos. No matter how much cooler it looks, Endgame will be the loser Thanos. IW was Thanos’ crowning achievement and that will mean something to many. I don’t expect this figure to be a First Order Stormtrooper.

‘Superior’ Iron Man looks or armors haven’t dampened the demand for older looks/armors. How many would pick up a new Mark 1 despite it being as useful as Black Widow or Hawkeye against Thanos?

As someone put it, this is the champion Thanos. No matter how much cooler it looks, Endgame will be the loser Thanos. IW was Thanos’ crowning achievement and that will mean something to many. I don’t expect this figure to be a First Order Stormtrooper.

Hahahaha, FO Stormtrooper! I honestly got a great laugh when I read that. Yeah I don’t think anything (besides Electro) will ever be in that horrible of a position. Actually, Electro wasn’t really in the same league as the FO Stormtroopers because HT’s didn’t manufacture 6 trillion of them despite the lack of demand.

I feel like IW will be the spectacle of the two, but EG will ultimately be the one that says more and will resonate a little better.

Thanos is Thanos no matter what version you have. When looking at him in a display,he's still the badass who fought the Avengers,no matter what clothes he got on. Endgame just happens to have 2 times the badass look to him and is what I'm rollin with.

I've got to admit i was in the IW camp cause I thought the Endgame version may not have the Gauntlet. OK I was wrong there, but for me I only need one representation, and sorry to say coolness and badassness rules by my collection.

So now I'll be getting the EG version. But I can totally understand people wanting both. Truly an impressive figure either way.

PD1553942456U4x.jpgthanos_marvel_gallery_5c4c957e026f4.jpg

Back