1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would bet most people have a much smaller collection. Besides, we all start somewhere.

Definitely. I've had more of a rotating collection, just due to space and interests, looking back at my order history on SSC and realizing how many of them I no longer have is hilarious. Every new movie/figure is always a must-have until the next one comes out :lol
After seeing the diecast IV announced, I got rid of the regular IV, ended up getting rid of Mark I 2.0 and Iron Monger as well. Just takes some time to realize what you need/want and what can be parted with.

Definitely. I've had more of a rotating collection, just due to space and interests, looking back at my order history on SSC and realizing how many of them I no longer have is hilarious. Every new movie/figure is always a must-have until the next one comes out :lol
After seeing the diecast IV announced, I got rid of the regular IV, ended up getting rid of Mark I 2.0 and Iron Monger as well. Just takes some time to realize what you need/want and what can be parted with.

How does that work out on average actually ? Do you lose a bit of money, break even or turn a small profit in total ?

How does that work out on average actually ? Do you lose a bit of money, break even or turn a small profit in total ?

Its hard for me to look at it like that as far as gains/losses, its more about what I want at a certain time, like if I can spare an older figure for one that I'd rather have thats coming out, thats what's important to me. I don't mind factoring in a little "depreciation" into the time that I've owned a figure. I'm sure I've lost money, I could tally the amount of money that I've lost just by cancelling orders on SSC because of the NRDs, (and 2 of them are figures I currently own after hemming and hawing after the fact). I even cancelled my order of Hulkbuster which amounted to an $85 mistake. I find other ways to come out ahead though to fund figure purchases, so in the grand scheme of things, I'd like to think I just break even.

I wish I could get display cases like I do figures, but it almost always comes down to me having to save a lot of cash for display cases because there is no Ikea near me and very few places around me even make something like that... But when I am saving up that cash, I almost always say "f-it" and just spend it on more figures... I have over 90 HT figures, but I still get super jealous when I see elaborate and beautiful displays. I can't even display most of my figures right now.

I need to make an Ikea trip myself. Though I’ve been looking at converting my basement into a display area. I would need a ton of cases either way.

Thats my problem now... I've put it off for so long that I'm gonna need to spend thousands to be able to display everything the way I'd like to.

One of the features of the house I bought last year was an awesome built-in in the basement. It was designed as an entertainment center, but my TV was too big, so it ended up being my toy cabinet. Built the doors myself. This isn't current, but I think it shows why I'm selective. Only have so much space!

IMG_3266.jpg

If I get this guy I’m getting the life size gauntlet...a glass display with both of these would look incredible

Have ya seen the size of that HT gauntlet tho? Lol follow HotToys on IG...you’ll get a good gauge for measure there...lord

Eventually I’d kind of like to just do floating shelves I think. You can customize how long they are and stuff easier and can fit more rather than sticking them into detolf cubes. Plus everyone has detolfs and while I get why they’re popular they’re a bit boring in my opinion. The one bad thing with floating shelves is having to dust and stuff more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I don't have space for more than one Thanos, and I want one that's best representative of his overall look in the MCU. It could be that this will be it - that IW will be amazing, that this is how we'll remember him.

OR, it could be as others have said, that he'll don the armor again, that this will be a one and done look, and I will have spent all my rewards points on a figure that I'll be trading out down the road.

So I'm a bit annoyed at the change just because it's put this conundrum in my lap lol.

I'm convinced I'll need to wait until I see the film to decide if I want to take the plunge or wait.

I agree with you on that point. Not everyone has the space for multiple Thanos figures, myself included.

But because the release window on this is April~June 2019 from Sideshow, and realistically a little later than that, we’ll have seen Avengers 4 by the time the figure comes out. If his outfit changes, they’ll likely have teased or announced a new Thanos by then as well.

Makes it easier to choose which version we want to purchase.

I agree with you on that point. Not everyone has the space for multiple Thanos figures, myself included.

But because the release window on this is April~June 2019 from Sideshow, and realistically a little later than that, we’ll have seen Avengers 4 by the time the figure comes out. If his outfit changes, they’ll likely have teased or announced a new Thanos by then as well.

Makes it easier to choose which version we want to purchase.

That is if you can still get this version then. Imagine it's the only version with the full light up Infinity Stone Gauntlet. May be very hard to get for retail price just inflated eBay prices ??

That is if you can still get this version then. Imagine it's the only version with the full light up Infinity Stone Gauntlet. May be very hard to get for retail price just inflated eBay prices ??

The next figure could have a full light up gauntlet as well, but we’ll perhaps find out in IW.

Unless they’re only making a tiny number of these, it’s still rare for a figure to sell out before it’s released.

Someone could order it if they really love this Thanos and cancel if they love the A4 version even more. Even if it means losing the NRD at some places.

Even if they didn’t, they would probably have options in the worst case scenario. People selling off their IW version for A4, places like Popcultcha will likely still have it well after release, etc.

But I’m not a fortune teller so everyone do what they feel they need to to secure the figure.

For me personally, I’m probably going to take the wait and see approach and if I miss out on this, so be it.

Unless Infinity War is the best movie ever.

Then I’ll probably order it.

Damn it.

Back