1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m gonna’ need some shelf adjusters... How do I do that again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than 24 hours until I get mine! So excited to finally be getting this, especially after seeing Endgame :D

New to Hot Toys collecting and am absolutely blown away by this Thanos. Being the first figure that I have to feature rubber joints, I was rather apprehensive about posing them. That being said, after bending one of the arms two clicks for a photoshoot, I had to leave for a meeting and completely forgot about it till the next day when I finally had time to continue.

I noticed that the bent joint had what looked to be oil leaking out from it. Upon cleaning it off with a dry cloth, I noticed some wrinkles that may or may not have been there from the beginning.

Essentially, my question is: Is one day of leaving the arm bent already enough to damage the rubber? Are those wrinkles sign of deterioration already?

New to Hot Toys collecting and am absolutely blown away by this Thanos. Being the first figure that I have to feature rubber joints, I was rather apprehensive about posing them. That being said, after bending one of the arms two clicks for a photoshoot, I had to leave for a meeting and completely forgot about it till the next day when I finally had time to continue.

I noticed that the bent joint had what looked to be oil leaking out from it. Upon cleaning it off with a dry cloth, I noticed some wrinkles that may or may not have been there from the beginning.

Essentially, my question is: Is one day of leaving the arm bent already enough to damage the rubber? Are those wrinkles sign of deterioration already?

YES :(

Darn, I knew the rubber was frail, but not that frail... Regardless, how do you guys store the spare arm? In the box? I highly doubt putting it in a baggie along with the other accessories is good for the rubber either.

Rubber is a fickle mistress. People have complained about the deterioration of the rubber Batman suits and the Comedian suit from 10 years ago relatively early in the line. I personally have collected the Dutch and Chris Redfield bodies which are all rubber besides the legs and have never had an issue with the rubber; knock on wood. I do try and keep them in cool parts of my home with no exposure to the sun.

I have just purchased this guy with the hopes that he will be compatible with the End Game Thanos. What compatibility I am referring to would be a spoiler so let's just say I hope they compliment each other better than the Infinity War version compliments the Guardians version. Personally I love the "throne" that comes with the GOTG Thanos but he looks like his kid; way too small. Hopefully any issues with the rubber will be figured out by the time the End Game Thanos comes out.

Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.
thanos.jpg

This is such an amazing figure! It's definitely imposing and I placed it on its own shelf. What an eye catcher haha.

Yea I was thinking something crouching and menacing when I get mine, but that pose is awesome. Might be rethinking it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back