Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sold on that Yixie Ford. Modded MJ is still the best IMO. But there's always a new Ford on the horizon. Waruna's Han is looking quite good, surely there will be a Raiders conversion.

I'm not sold on that Yixie Ford. Modded MJ is still the best IMO. But there's always a new Ford on the horizon. Waruna's Han is looking quite good, surely there will be a Raiders conversion.
I wasn't sold on the unpainted Yixie sculpt either until I saw it painted and thought it was pretty good. Stian's Raiders sculpt is also looking pretty nice though it seems to be constantly tweaked over and over so who knows if that will ever see the light of day.

Something was always off about the MJ sculpt to me, even modded. Always looked a little derpy to my eyes much like Trevor's Raiders sculpt for the SS PF.

Waruna has mentioned that he will be converting his Han sculpt to both Indy and Deckard. He seems to have been able to capture Ford pretty well. To me, it's the best Han Solo since the Jnix Han. If I didn't already have that, I'd probably buy his since it still looks like we won't be getting a new Han from HT.

Probably wishful thinking, but maybe HT is developing a "universal" younger Ford headsculpt to then reuse across multiple figures and trying to figure out a way to sculpt the hair so all they have to do is slightly change a portion of the hair sculpt rather than do a whole new head for each figure. Sort of like the new Luke sculpt and the new younger Tony Stark sculpt that's been used on the Mech Test 2.0, MK3 2.0, and I believe the suit up MK5.

Last edited:
A universal Ford would be nice. We can only hope. I'm always up for a new Ford.

I don't think I've seen the Stian Indy sculpt. Can you please send me a picture?

Yeah I want only young Indy from the line, I can make that my definitive version and just add the belt and holster and satchel. As much as I love my Raiders custom which is still ongoing I rather sell it off for big $$$ and be satisfied with just one version of Indy.

Yep - still hoping for either a Raiders redo or DoD Young Indy.

If they do a young version i'd be more inclined to pick up Old Indy as a companion piece.

I rather sell it off for big $$$ and be satisfied with just one version of Indy.

Satisfied...?

clint laugh  gif.gif

Yeah. I don’t think there has ever been a licensed Mads figure has there? Probably just my bad memory. I would have liked a Kaecilius figure from Dr Strange. Loved that design.
Only one I can think of is the ThreeZero Hannibal figure from the TV show that Mads was on.

Maybe some angles in the movie, but all angles on the figure make the hat look strangely tall and strangely small (narrow)...

View attachment 648703
View attachment 648704

I wonder if lens distortion that happens with sixth scale figure photography might be playing a part? That and the hat would presumably be in line with his skull shape, not his molded hair (which is why some Indy figures with hats that fit over molded hair look weird, but look right from some angles), which could be throwing it off visually. I'd be curious to see what this figure would look like with the camera pointing down at the figure, instead of up.

I don't feel strongly about this though. Either way, hopefully either better photos are taken, or the sculpt dimensions are improved down the line.

Last edited:
Well, Sideshow Con is July 18-21. I'm starting to think they're waiting for that. But hey, maybe they'll show a PW-B Helena to go with him. No doubt everyone here would be beyond thrilled if that was to happen! :chase

I'd consider getting a Helena... But my dream line-up from this movie would be old Sallah and Marion with Indy to complement my old Ep 7 trio (Han, Luke, Leia). My "retirement home" collection :lol

There are so many Mads performances I'd love a figure from.

I have the Threezero Hannibal and it's a great figure. I'd love a figure of him from Riders of Justice especially.

I have the Black Series Galen Erso figure, will get the Voller figure. I mean he's a big deal in China and Japan, it would be cool if HT made him.

Coming back from the movie, I had the urge to buy this figure. But I took a second look, and I'm not sure I'm a fan of the way it looks. It's hard to tell the differences in the movie, but on the figure, the color of the pants and shirt just look off. I get that he's not wearing the same outfit he did in Raiders, I'm not sure one set of clothing could survive all that, but I guess it just goes to show that I just really want the OG Indy on my shelf.

I'm going to pick up two of these i think. I want the DoD Indy as is, but I would love a duplicate set to build another Indy. That jacket alone sells this figure to me.

I'd use the duplicate body with older neck for a Crystal Skull Indy, then use my "spare parts" to build the rest of that figure, then I'd use most of everything else on this figure for a Last Crusade Indy.

It would be great to have a definitive Indy for each of the 5 films.

Now 1 deluxe, or two......I can always reverse that base for a passable ToD display.

I’m getting toy anxiety waiting for this to preorder on sideshow already!!!! What sucks is after it’s open for preorder on sideshow it’ll still be a 1.5 years before it’s released….maybe I’m wrong?

Im considering two as well. One deluxe and one standard.

I’d love to have a professor Indy from raiders!

For folks noting that the crown of Indy's hat looks too small on the figure, I suspect it might just be the angle that the pictures are being taken.

On my second viewing of DoD, I noticed quite a few scenes where Indy's hat was framed in a similar way. Some examples:

harrison-ford-back-to-bashing-nazis-in-indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny-00001.jpg

IJ_DOD_dtlr2_uhd_r709f_stills_230405.088296.0.jpg

uxoDvHiMD83i2cJG5ygoYg.jpg

Natural light :

Indy 5.jpg

Back