Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think Hot Toys developed a new body for this?
I doubt it's an entirely new body. Probably the same base body they've been using for Ford/Solo but with some tweaks like the new 'old man' upper chest/neck parts as shown in the JC Hong images a few pages back, as well as the double jointed arms from the TFA/Solo bodies instead of the single jointed from the ANH body.

Yeah that certainly didn't help. There are so many points in this movie where he could have been returning fire and actually putting up a fight, and yet I think we only see it the one time near the end.
There were a few times but not really much of a fist fight more so to get away from the bad guys. The opening was classic Indy when he fought and thought things through. Had his older self been more wiser when fighting it would have made it very cool to know he learned from his years of experience and some things from his dad. Like when Henry Sr scared the seagulls to crash the Nazi plane.

I really hope HT does still makes flashback Indy as the film isn't doing so well at the box office and is tanking. If it's made I intend to add a custom made gunbelt and whip with a DiD holster and webley revolver even though he didn't use one in film, it will be to at least make him look more like classic Indy.

Yeah if I were to get this I would at least need to give him a holster and put the bag on the correct side for the classic look. And it would be a more idealized version of an older Indy instead of something specific to this movie (where he mostly comes across as just a hapless old man).

Yeah if I were to get this I would at least need to give him a holster and put the bag on the correct side for the classic look. And it would be a more idealized version of an older Indy instead of something specific to this movie (where he mostly comes across as just a hapless old man).
I feel the same. Although I liked the film I can't deny it's a bad Indy movie in terms of how his character was treated. Though I will say another thing I didn't understand was why show him in just his boxers at the beginning after the flashback ends and he's clearer somewhat fit only to have him act as a scared weak old man. 🤔 I get he is 80 but in film he's supposed to be 70.

Yeah we saw a lot of that in the last movie as well, with Indy often acting scared of his own shadow despite the fact he's still incredibly fit and can run and jump and punch people out as well as he ever could. Lol

There were traces of that in the original trilogy, but Ford has amped it up to 11 for these latest films and it just isn't working for me.

I still don't get why the satchel positioning got changed for this and in Crystal Skull. It doesn't look good outside the jacket, especially swinging around wildly during fights and the like. And why they switched sides this go around, I can only venture a guess that maybe it had to do with Ford's shoulder injury.

I assumed it got switched because it felt too imbalanced having the satchel and whip on one side and nothing else on the other. It always looked like a cumbersome outfit to wear to begin with, and that probably didn't help.

Last edited:
And why they switched sides this go around, I can only venture a guess that maybe it had to do with Ford's shoulder injury.
I assumed it got switched because it felt too imbalanced having the satchel and whip on one side and nothing else on the other.

And since Indy has no pistol anymore...

Enjoyed the movie quite a bit, especially in contrast to KOTCS, and will definitely pick this up. Will go nicely with grandpa Han at the very least.

Also would be interested in a young Indy especially if they go the German disguise route.
Glad you enjoyed it Tonton! Another longtime Indy fan digging DoD! :whip

Indy couldn’t have gotten a pistol past airport security I would imagine, even in 1969. That’s the in-universe explanation for no gun this time around. Flying commercial over Lao Che Airlines has its disadvantages.

lao-che.gif

Indy couldn’t have gotten a pistol past airport security I would imagine, even in 1969. That’s the in-universe explanation for no gun this time around. Flying commercial over Lao Che Airlines has its disadvantages.
Still think it's possible any good writer could find a way to make it work. They could have had Renaldo still holding on to a belt and holster with revolver for Indy from their past adventures. But I didn't mind him not having a gun in the 60s more so in the flashback he should've at least had it.

Back