Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real leather but the whip is still that crappy over-sized weave, and the bulky shoes look like the exact same pattern.
True, not denying the oversized weave on the whip, but I thought the look of the original DX05 boots were pretty universally liked? 🤔 You'd know better than me though. Still nice to know they hopefully will last longer, though I've had no problem with either of my DX05 whip or boots falling apart, just the gun belt and bag strap.

A lot of the parts on this can be used on other customs. Will definitely get the boots and satchel for my Raiders Indy.

I’d be pissed if I paid a grand for one of those custom leather jackets.
Maybe, but this one isn't accurate to Raiders. Good enough for the average person and arguably better than the DX05, yes. But not for those that know the differences. For the record, I didn't buy one of those really expensive jackets that were in the $800 range, but this new one doesn't automatically replace that one.

Don't be surprised if they decide to do an additional "CGI" version of Ford in this movie/line. Then release a new Raiders Indy with that same sculpt similar to Mando Luke
Sad part is, I'd probably buy both even though I have a custom Raider's figure with custom clothing as well as being part of another custom clothing run :LOL: Ppl weren't kidding when folks said an Indy custom is never ending. Here I thought I was almost done with Indy's but now it seems not so much

Maybe, but this one isn't accurate to Raiders. Good enough for the average person and arguably better than the DX05, yes. But not for those that know the differences. For the record, I didn't buy one of those really expensive jackets that were in the $800 range, but this new one doesn't automatically replace that one.

Out of curiosity, what are the differences?

Out of curiosity, what are the differences?
I'm no expert like some of the ppl here so they may be able to give you more insight than me, but based on what I'm seeing here compared to the Raiders jacket:
-length of the sleeves should be a tad longer
-buckles at the back of the jacket should be square-ish and singular instead of doubled up like they have
-pocket flaps shape has curves to it instead of the straight angles to a point.
-Pockets should be usable/accessible form the sides and the top flap.
-zipper should be silver metal I believe but I'm not 100% on that
-Color I believe should be darker but that probably also depends on what reference you're using.

Again, I'm no expert and I wouldn't be surprised if someone corrected me about these too; but, from what I think I know, these are what stand out to me. And, in my opinion, I would say the HT jacket on this looks about as good as my $300+ Mike Yuan real leather jacket from what I can see. I've got no shame in admitting that :lol I'll probably grab one of these jackets for my TOD Indy

Last edited:
Great effort. Movie opens today in Italy, I am pissed I have to wait tomorrow to go see it.

Can we agree on a no-spoiler policy in this thread?

Hard pass on old Indy in a movie I'll likely dislike and won't be seeing at the cinema.
But it does give us hope that a young Indy (like every other company is releasing) will be released. As others have mentioned, you really just need a younger head.
I saw it and didn't like it. Wasn't terrible but it was just kinda mid

I'm no expert like some of the ppl here so they may be able to give you more insight than me, but based on what I'm seeing here compared to the Raiders jacket:
-length of the sleeves should be a tad longer
-buckles at the back of the jacket should be square-ish and singular instead of doubled up like they have
-pocket flap shape has curves to it instead of the straight angles to a point.
-Pocket should be usable/accessible form the sides and the top flap.
-zipper should be silver metal I believe but I'm not 100% on that
-Color I believe should be darker but that probably also depends on what reference you're using.

Again, I'm no expert and I wouldn't be surprised if someone corrected me about these too, but from what I think I know, these are what stand out to me
You got most of it right. Zipper was painted brass but with filming the original nickel zipper ended up showing through filming. It's also missing the buttons in the pocket flap which creases and creates a print on the pocket. That was on the Raiders jacket but the one in DOD also has them.

Back