Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In general, a lot of collectors don't like that sideshow charges a relatively high shipping price w/o double boxing included while other retailers charge equal or even lower shipping rates than SS while including double boxing. Also, a lot of collectors don't like being charged tax if you're in the US or other fees if you're international from SS. There are still some places to order that won't charge you tax on top of the MSRP+shipping. Lastly, lots of folks are choosing to go with overseas retailers as they're paying the same or even less than what SS charges, getting the figure faster and typically paying no extra fees like tax/VAT.

I will say that on higher priced items, I tend to prefer to order from SS or US retailers that get their stock from SS in the event I get a defective figure. They make it pretty easy to get a replacement

EDIT: and as @Entropy mentioned below, the RPs now expire, so you can't just keep stacking them up for a big purchase any longer. The RPs system seem to only really be especially beneficial if you pretty much only buy all your collectibles direct from SS.
SS wouldn't have to charge so much for shipping or tax if they'd get the hell out of California.

Last edited:
Young Indy was the way to go for HT here, in my opinion, assuming they could come close-ish with the sculpt. The film was so badly received that most who buy are going to be doing it for the character, not the specific film. And yet, HT will probably interpret low sales as low interest in Indy in general, so it might be another 10 years or so before we get another figure from this franchise.

After looking at it I feel getting the standard would be much better. Which means I'll have to cancel the deluxe with Kit. The diorama is cool but with not much space I honestly have no issue with just the standard.

After looking at it I feel getting the standard would be much better. Which means I'll have to cancel the deluxe with Kit. The diorama is cool but with not much space I honestly have no issue with just the standard.
You might as well keep your order with Kit and just sell the base. Since you already paid a deposit, if you cancel you will just lose that and ultimately be paying around the same price or even more for the Standard.

You might as well keep your order with Kit and just sell the base. Since you already paid a deposit, if you cancel you will just lose that and ultimately be paying around the same price or even more for the Standard.
It would suck but I don't have an issue with that. The standard from SS is $290 plus shipping it will be lower then Kit's price which includes shipping and fees totaling to $450 ish but the upside it will come in earlier. But I live in the US so getting it from SS is probably a better option especially due to payment plan.

Got the new wolverine from HT Monday and besides being an awesome figure I can say with confidence that the jacket, boots, and satchel strap, whip, being real leather for Indy is going to be awesome. I'm glad HT decided to finally use better materials for their figures, only hope I have now is HT make Indy from the trilogy or a young version from DOD.

Having a free evening and not much else to do, I finally sat down and watched this. It peaked my curiosity enough out of everything else on D+ so I thought why not.

Honestly, and truly...not bad. Nowhere near as awful as I was lead to believe.

Yes it's 40 minutes too long.

Yeah the CG is a little dodgy at times.

Was this debatably a necessary film? Sure.

But dangit all I actually liked it. It's a little over the top at times, but it's a decent ride all around. I think a fan edit taking the movie down to less than 2 hours would make it a better package.

Movie aside, still happy I PO'd this. Maybe a little more now, even.

Back