Hot Toys HBII Hellboy and Abe Sapien 12-inch Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys NEEDS to pick up the LOTR license. They could do orcs, lurtz, and everyone else more justice.

20081127_b06081866319d9e090d8aWtU8c7PbKCw.jpg
20081127_ff996ddb007d3432261bPFb0WxOV3NRZ.jpg

20081127_bfbe08bd63ba7ad5fb9cGh3mmbtmPEga.jpg
20081127_9b090f8dcc51a7df5c6en2v4P9UTBLzs.jpg

20081127_ae9c0855698a0940d261ejlLWYOFbiq4.jpg
20081127_a3e8b8f4c06dd4759dceLLMNa8PT5Q1G.jpg

20081127_a0366af7f9720ece003e0mAPTHmrjjZP.jpg
20081127_3bc2a8e2ac34fa8a22b5MNrYvTNWQO4L.jpg

20081127_2b3ab5213ea08919cd1euUDc9mA9UCee.jpg

20081127_c69827a6e4ef54dd1c71J9x5uNHp7Rgy.jpg

Sick!!!!

I have very mixed feelings about these. First off, they're gorgeous as hell and HT continues to impress in that department again and again.

I haven't looked through all the previous pages, so sorry if this has been complained about ad nauseum, but the shirtless pics of Red shows he must have a rubber body like Aliens Drake since he shows no arms joints. My Drake tore almost immediately at the wrist from repeatedly having to put his weapon in his hand from falling.

Red looks like his hands are seperate pieces here, unlike Drakes so hopefully that can't happen here, but it still worries the hell out of me.

Then the prices: $164 for Hellboy is understandable, particularly when you compare him against the price of a HT Predator. The price seems comparable. Look at all of that!
But $164 for Abe as well is just INSANE and really irks the living crap out of me. All I'm seeing is a new head and hands, not a whole new body to justify that hight price. This price gouging is getting out of control!

Abe is not just on normal Truetype -- he has special "muscle" arms that hide the articulation. But Hellboy does seem like the better deal at that price, it's true. I'm still not sure if I will get Abe or not.

As I've mentioned before, Hellboy does not seem to have exactly the same muscle body that Hot Toys has used before. For example, the Rambo figure (which is the only HT muscle figure I could find that lists the number of points of articulation) is said to have 22 points of articulation. Hellboy is listed as having "over 28." The weird thing is that Abe is listed as having only "over 25" (are they counting Hellboy's tail, for example?). What we don't know is if articulation will be improved in practice over the previous efforts.

Blackhole -- I don't see them doing Nazi Kroenen since these are figures from HB2.

There are so many other figures I would rather see, Johann, Nuada, Liz, Nualla, Dr Broom, Mr Wink, Angel of Death, young Hellboy and the Leprachaun/Troll fella on a trolly!

I had to order both. I do think Abe should be cheaper then Hellboy, his costume is much less detailed and comes with fewer accessories. But I really want them both.

Too bad they didn't include a Barry Manilow CD jewel case or a six pack of beer with Hellboy.

It may just be me, but the angle of Abe's breathing apparatus looks off in those pics. I remember it being more in line with his jaw.

So far I have HB in order but I am seriously thinking about adding abe too.

Can't decide!

Any chance of a HT Nazi Kroenen? Please? That'd be schweet...

Well Del Toro said there is a Johann/Kroenen connection he'd like to explore in HB III if it gets made. So its possible we see him again even for a brief cameo in the future.

Hot Toys NEEDS to pick up the LOTR license. They could do orcs, lurtz, and everyone else more justice.

If they did that would be awesome! I just want more LOTR figures and HT is doing some absolutley amazing work. These two Hellboy figures, Iron Man, Batman, Spirit are all amazing examples.

Any chance of a HT Nazi Kroenen? Please? That'd be schweet...

I'd love to see one of those too! One of my favorite Sideshow figures, but I imagine Hot Toys would blow it out of the water!

I'd love to see a Kraus as well! I just hope they wouldn't make him a rubber suit like the Alien Nostromo crew figures.

Back