1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome bro thanks for the update, do you know if there will be anything exclusive for the people that preordered through Sideshow. Also anyone have any experience pre ordering Hot Toys off of ebay? I got my order in but I'm just worried that I might not get one. The guys feedback is impeccable and he has reassured me that I will recieve a set.

Thanks again
Zero
Is the sellers name showcasecomicsandstatues? I will not pre-order anything off eBay again.

I mean th guys feedback is 100% but now I'm starting to get worried, are there alot of horror stories from Pre-ordering off eBay?

Yes. There is actually a list of good/bad sellers on this forum I think. But honestly I'd never pre order anything off ebay like this where you are going to have a tentative release date that is months away. In my opinion you should ALWAYS go with an official distributor or someone that receives from them. So in the US that would be SS as well all the other major online retailers. Its the only way you will have security and certainty with your item

Ok guys thanks alot for the info, any websites in particular that might have this for cheaper than SS?

So you guys think my best bet is to order this directly from SS? It seems to be sold out everywere else that had it cheaper

With eBay, you ALWAYS check the feedback. I've ordered statues like a year in advance and have turned out fine. You just gotta check in with the seller every few months to make sure your order is still there. Loontentoys is the best eBay seller I've had business with. Plus I get my figures earlier than the US releases.

With eBay, you ALWAYS check the feedback. I've ordered statues like a year in advance and have turned out fine. You just gotta check in with the seller every few months to make sure your order is still there. Loontentoys is the best eBay seller I've had business with. Plus I get my figures earlier than the US releases.

You just have be aware that all buyer protections that are built into eBay won't help you if the seller flakes out, they are only good for like 45 days after the sale date so if anything goes awry for any reason after that and the seller doesn't fell like helping you, you're SOL.

I wonder if hot toys will redo the rocket sculpt for the actual release. What do you guys think?

I hope so. I'm not a big fan of his current face. Looks too much like some sort of growling wolf.

Why he needs to bare his teeth like that on this sculpt I don't know.

Groot and Gamora look true to the movie but Rocket's face seems somewhat off.

Saw guardians finally, Loved every damn second... Ordered Starlord

Now when it comes to groot... those lower legs HT's have sculpted look way too fat and club footed... cant justify ordering

I hope so. I'm not a big fan of his current face. Looks too much like some sort of growling wolf.

Why he needs to bare his teeth like that on this sculpt I don't know.

Groot and Gamora look true to the movie but Rocket's face seems somewhat off.

I agree, he does not look right currently

Back