1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kind of wanting to get the set of Groot and Rocket, but I'm in the UK and have not bought from Sideshow before. It'd really be more money than I should be spending anyway, but I'm wondering how much, roughly, shipping would be, and also VAT. Does anyone here have experience with having things sent from Sideshow to the UK? I want to see if I can figure out how much extra I can expect to pay to get it over here before I decide to go for it.

20% of figure AND shipping, assuming shipping is $40 that will be $80
+£10.75 for the fedex scam cost of the "handeling fees"
+$10 to Sideshow if you want it double boxed

No contest, get it from somewhere else and vote for the party that will bring VAT down.

20% of figure AND shipping, assuming shipping is $40 that will be $80
+£10.75 for the fedex scam cost of the "handeling fees"
+$10 to Sideshow if you want it double boxed

No contest, get it from somewhere else and vote for the party that will bring VAT down.

Geez - I'd forgotten how crappy VAT was.

The percentage in Canada (for BC at least) is only 12% - but then they do NOT include that on displayed prices - which means you have to do your own math before getting to the checkout - my biggest gripe about this country (along with the French text on every product and ICBC (the "1 option only" car insurance company))

That's gotta suck mate.

Thanks for your help everyone. After looking into the payment plan on Collectibles Direct, I just couldn't deny myself. And on top of this, I've just received an email saying my Star Lord is being prepared for shipment from China! :yess:

Thanks for your help everyone. After looking into the payment plan on Collectibles Direct, I just couldn't deny myself. And on top of this, I've just received an email saying my Star Lord is being prepared for shipment from China! :yess:

Nice, I'm looking forward to getting my Starlord EX from SSC, its on Flex so I don't mind the delay :devil

Sideshow posted on Facebook 2 hours ago that they are down to 15 of these sets so if you want one, you better hurry.

Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

I wasn't sure about this set. Hopped on WL 4 hours ago and just converted haha

Wait, the regular is waitlisted? I just went to the page now and it's still up for pre-order and available. The coupons don't work for it?? Didn't last month's coupon work for Star-Lord?

I knew it
7b9c34e8075ab942bce59a5d641f716b1472009974.png

Well they did post on Facebook last night that there were only 15 of these left. So either they are actually almost sold out or it's a more elaborate trap than usual.

Also the website doesn't say "less than 20 remaining" so I wonder if they're not doing that any more?

The mistake would be to think that it sold out because there was only 15 left, when it actually sold out because they said there was only 15 left :wink1: its the same reason it went back to Pre Order

That's so wrong that SSC does that. Waitlist and now back up for preorder try to get a few more sales with nrds just because they get bored

That's so wrong that SSC does that. Waitlist and now back up for preorder try to get a few more sales with nrds just because they get bored

Yeah they really should be focusing on sending me my Art prints and sneaking into the LA ports to get my Starlord

Back