1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After going back and forth about pre ordering this or not I finally decided to bite the bullet and get this one. Really loved Rocket and Groot in the film.

Wonder if they tried flocking on rocket? I want set of Groot and Rocket but Rocket just seems off and a little Cheap. Hopefully final release looks better. Groot looks awesome.

Groot was cool but Rocket was hands down my favorite character from the movie.
If I buy anything from the film it will probably only be Rocket.

So I got an email from Amazon this morning, it was one of those 'you might be interested' ones that showed stuff related to what I bought, it was mostly Home Furniture this time and showed some tables... I clicked on one because it looked interesting, it was a hand carved table, but then I noticed it had quite the interesting pattern :rotfl

View attachment 129679

Noooooo!!! They made him into furniture!!!! :crying

From STGCC:

rocket.jpg
groot.jpg

Yeah, really......why not??

Even at 1:6 scale Wookiees are fairly big and bulky which gives HT more room to manouever when it comes to getting the fur to hang right and not interfere with joints and things like that.

Maybe if Chewie isn't a QC disaster and they can refine the process in time for Guardians 2 there's a chance of a furry Rocket but I think expecting the first one to have been that way was unrealistic.

Yeah, really......why not??

I also imagine that they felt it was a bigger risk doing fur with Rocket than with Chewbacca. I imagine they assume that the Star Wars figures were going to sell well and at the time they probably started developing the Rocket figure, GotG was a bit of a risk.

Anytime I wonder whether I really need this set (since they're the only two I'm getting from GotG), I check the pics and am reassured. These guys a total homerun for me.

Anytime I wonder whether I really need this set (since they're the only two I'm getting from GotG), I check the pics and am reassured. These guys a total homerun for me.

I'm kinda leaning the other way. After seeing Chewy, the sculpted racoon isn't doing much for me.

Back