1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Ordered my set. I'm going to stuff them into the new HOA - not! :dunno I think they've captured both characters. Wish we would have gotten the other Rocket head sculpt or the crotch grabbing hand. :lol

yep, it would have made this set something special

Re: Hot Toys Screaming Tree Guy and Rodent.

These two were a day one points spent purchase. They ended up costing me $156.

vuqehy6a.jpg

etujugyj.jpg

Needs to be skinnier and have a smaller head, yeah? It's weird how much it's bothering me.
Can't say I'm bothered but maybe it's missing a little of Rocket's spark and the width of the hips on the figure bug me a little. I think in-hand it's not going to matter much, especially if he's posed shooting over Groot's shoulder (which will look amazing on display). I'm not a huge GotG fan and it's doubtful I'll see this in theatres. I just like the designs and it reminds me of Marvel Comics a lot.

No spoilers here just Cinema Blend talking about early reviews of the movie. Going Thursday night and if it is as good as they say probably a second time this weekend :blissy

This movie feels like it just shouldn’t work. The comic book characters are all over the place (there's a talking raccoon, for Pete’s sake!), and inhabiting the entire universe is never an easy feat for a movie setting. But, by all early accounts, not only does it work, it kicks ass. The film's reviews are perfect so far, the film sitting at 100% with twenty-five reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. The James Gunn-directed film is earning high praise. It’s a crazy premise with a variety of intergalactic characters combining as a team that defends the cosmos from Thanos and whoever else happens to threaten the universe. It’s scope would seem both broad and finite at the same time considering the characters are so unique, and the premise so big. Kudos, James Gunn. Kudos.

Cinema Blend’s Eric Eisenberg loved the film, giving it five stars in his review and extolling the virtues of the film’s comedy, action sequences, soundtrack, and heart-warming storyline. It's is about as positive a review as you’ll ever read. Frankly, it’s a an amazing time to be a fan of comic book movies. Not everything has been great for sure, but the bar continues to rise higher and higher each year with consistent envelope-pushing. I love it, and so should you. If a movie like Guardians of the Galaxy can work, then we should be excited about every new character and team that gets their own film.

Heres some Hi-Res(Ultra High) stills from the movie, no spoilers really

The VFX team did a great job on these characters, incredibly life like :D
groot1.jpg
rock1.jpg
rock2.jpg
rock4.jpg

Hey guys is there any differences between the collectible set and if you were to by then as a separate pieces? I know it comes with extra head and 2 hands but is that it ?

I'm disappointed there was not more in the set, I would have liked Rockets cuffs(smaller than the Starlord EX)
and maybe the gun he uses in the prison break, and potted Groot

I'm disappointed there was not more in the set, I would have liked Rockets cuffs(smaller than the Starlord EX)
and maybe the gun he uses in the prison break, and potted Groot

I think for me its Rocket's head sculpt - I wish they would have included the head sculpt with Rocket's mouth open. However, anything extra is always a good thing. I've always thought it was cool that there is no premium cost on the exclusive figures.

I think for me its Rocket's head sculpt - I wish they would have included the head sculpt with Rocket's mouth open. However, anything extra is always a good thing. I've always thought it was cool that there is no premium cost on the exclusive figures.

Yea they should have had an additional head for both characters. Not sure why they didn't. But I pulled the trigger last night at SS. I'm all in on these guys now. Hope the movie is as great as everyone is saying!

Yea they should have had an additional head for both characters. Not sure why they didn't. But I pulled the trigger last night at SS. I'm all in on these guys now. Hope the movie is as great as everyone is saying!

It is :wink1:

Just ordered this one also. I went from having NO HT figures to 3 on PO. May get Drax and Gamora later, depending on the price.

Just ordered this one also. I went from having NO HT figures to 3 on PO. May get Drax and Gamora later, depending on the price.

I'm hoping Drax is no more than $230 and Gamora is under $200. Neither come with much accessory wise I believe. Probably wishful thinking of course...

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol

I'm the opposite
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back