Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any WL conversions lately? I joined on may 5th.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Here's a few pics of my Tarkin after tweaking the paint job on him a little. I lightened and grayed up the skin tone, made his eyes a lighter blue, reddened the eyelids and bags under his eyes, and grayed up his hair (actually using more of a light grayish brown).

Unfortunately my dioder lights are giving him a slightly blueish cast, so just ignore that part. :p

20180918_181218 (481x925).jpg

20180918_180551 (613x925).jpg

20180918_181306 (567x925).jpg

20180916_194118 (566x925).jpg

I also got tired of his little cylinder things sliding around, so I glued them onto a bit of styrene to keep them in place.

20180916_112931 (371x500).jpg

Here's a few pics of my Tarkin after tweaking the paint job on him a little. I lightened and grayed up the skin tone, made his eyes a lighter blue, reddened the eyelids and bags under his eyes, and grayed up his hair (actually using more of a light grayish brown).

Unfortunately my dioder lights are giving him a slightly blueish cast, so just ignore that part. :p

View attachment 427119

View attachment 427120

View attachment 427121

View attachment 427122

I also got tired of his little cylinder things sliding around, so I glued them onto a bit of styrene to keep them in place.

View attachment 427123

Nah. I don’t buy it. You cloned him and miniaturized him. You mad genius you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Masterful truly... did you drybrush or use a light wash on the skin tone?

Getting the subtle changes in skin tone around the various features of the face is still something I struggle with.

Yeah, you took what has to be one of the best HT heads in a long time... and elevated it beyond.:clap

Holy hell, davejames.... that is insane. Totally lifelike.

You make me unhappy with my toys.

Oh good, then my plan worked. :D

Masterful truly... did you drybrush or use a light wash on the skin tone?

Getting the subtle changes in skin tone around the various features of the face is still something I struggle with.

Yeah just some very light washes of light gray, the same way I did with my Venkman since he was too tan as well. Somehow that seems to give the skin that paler and more translucent look. Then I just apply some washes of brownish red here and there to make the skin look a bit flushed in places.

Of course the good thing with HT heads is they seal the things so damn well that if you mess up it's easy to remove the paint with water or rubbing alcohol.

Would those tiny rubber bands that kids use on their braces work on the cylinders or are they too small?

View attachment 427119

View attachment 427120

View attachment 427121

View attachment 427122

View attachment 427123

Magnificent!....:clap

Back