Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an amazing display. Maybe JazzInc will be selling those in 5 years when I have the space for it (I won't).

Awesome pics Craig! Hopefully before long you’ll have a Death Star Trooper to throw in that pic also!

Here's a few pics of my Tarkin after tweaking the paint job on him a little. I lightened and grayed up the skin tone, made his eyes a lighter blue, reddened the eyelids and bags under his eyes, and grayed up his hair (actually using more of a light grayish brown).

Unfortunately my dioder lights are giving him a slightly blueish cast, so just ignore that part. :p

View attachment 427119

View attachment 427120

View attachment 427121

View attachment 427122

I also got tired of his little cylinder things sliding around, so I glued them onto a bit of styrene to keep them in place.

View attachment 427123

Great idea that of the cylinders.
Head looks awesome now.
Only problems:

1) The head is totally disproportionate wrt the body. Same with the paws. Way too big....

2) What is the problem with the flap to othe left of the head? It has a magnet right? Doesn't it work, or THAT is it working??

Thanks,
m.

Well Cushing was very lean with a fairly large head, and in hand that looks pretty accurate on the figure. And the flap was a bit raised in the movie so that's not too far off.

tarkin-nopepng.jpeg

I was going to say the same. I was glancing at my Tarkin figure while passing by the cabinet it’s located in and remembering the oversized head remark, and the size of the head seems accurate to me in proportion to the body. Cushing was a pretty slender guy and had kind of a larger, triangular shaped head, and the figure I think reflects that nicely.

I suppose he’s the closest thing to being a v1 Krennic, so he gets to be the “I still love this guy” figure. :lol

He's exactly the kind of overly-dramatic brat that Tarkin would 'dissolve' himself of. :lol

I love the new meaning of the empty seat at the War Table in ANH now. No wonder the only other guy in a white tunic looks so uncomfortable.

He's exactly the kind of overly-dramatic brat that Tarkin would 'dissolve' himself of. :lol

I love the new meaning of the empty seat at the War Table in ANH now. No wonder the only other guy in a white tunic looks so uncomfortable.

Haha that's great; didn't realize that.

Back