Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well canceled my waitlist with sideshow at this point I doubt it would have converted.

And found a Tarkin for $270 shipped so I jumped on that vs the eBay prices.

Only had a little bit of time with him and he lives up to the hype. And is a solid addition to the empire.
9fb5fbc15da9ef757ecaae7ed1ddfbc5.jpg

I guess it threw me off that it's glued to that little piece of metal. I wasn't sure fabric glue would work. I thought it was magnetic at first because I didn't know why the metal was there. It's kind of disappointing; I think the $15 was a little cheap by BBTS too since I have to fix it myself and I'm assuming will spend at least $5 on the glue I'll (hopefully) use once.

edit. Now reading through I see the metal was glued to the flap. I had no idea the flap was supposed to open at all and didn't realize there was anything magnetic there.

Yea, not entirely sure why it's even a feature, I don't recall ever seeing that chest flap open. Sorry you have the same issue, I'm guessing this will be more common placed. And thanks to everyone for the glue suggestions, will attempt to fix this myself but not this week, here it's supposed to be 107 in a few days and I can't build models or doing anything with paint or glue when its this hot. Hoping more stuff doesn't start coming off like Velcro on the belt or the studs.

ok that stand is amazing. Imagine an extra platform to stand the interrogation droid?

Anyone with the Tarkin/Vader set... does the Vader ribbed portion of the outfit feel a little gummy? I have this and the ANH Vader and the ribbed portion on the ANH is smoother and “drier” feeling.

Just curious if this is the expected texture and if anyone has had any issue with it.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a4c629982c6a03d5490e55c53655ce48.jpg

Very excited to finally add Tarkin to my display. It seems we may be back in the ages of no Pre-Order and your off to eBay or other 3rd party sellers. I hope he is the start of other uniformed imperials at perhaps a one a year pace but something new to add to our cases.

The only problem with the figure in terms of reuse of the uniform for other Imperials is the weirdness of the fabric. It looks amazingly good but just seems like it holds creases in an odd way. It's almost like a chamois-type fabric that seems to "remember" creases fairly prominently.

Fortunately Imperials pretty much just stand at attention so I guess its okay, but even minor "Imperial" poses concerned me - I decided not to pose either of my Tarkins even just with elbows bent or sitting in the chair due to this issue; ie that otherwise you'd lose the crispness of the uniform and creases would be noticeable long term.

The only problem with the figure in terms of reuse of the uniform for other Imperials is the weirdness of the fabric. It looks amazingly good but just seems like it holds creases in an odd way. It's almost like a chamois-type fabric that seems to "remember" creases fairly prominently.

Fortunately Imperials pretty much just stand at attention so I guess its okay, but even minor "Imperial" poses concerned me - I decided not to pose either of my Tarkins even just with elbows bent or sitting in the chair due to this issue; ie that otherwise you'd lose the crispness of the uniform and creases would be noticeable long term.

Yeah, I’ve never bothered to make a single pose. Kind of unfortunate. But it looks nice as you say. I’d probably buy a Krennic, and I know Veers is probably everybody’s #2 after Tarkin.

Back