Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell 'em, thanks but you missed the boat. Include a picture of your improved Krennic.

Hopefully by the time I get him to where I like, whenever that is, HT Krennic can come push him off the shelf and take his place hehe.

Any suggestions how to remove the jacket and get on him a new one? Thing is mine jacket is damaged, the topsheet peel off and does not hold anymore (image below), and i need to swap it for the new one, but i can't see the way how to do it without end up with the same result.

View attachment 413844

Oh man... 2nd case I’ve seen here. Wonder if this could slowly happen to many out there. I’d carefully try a little dab of CA/Crazy Glue.

unnamed.jpg

I came here to post about my issue and I guess I'm not the only one. I had mine sitting at BBTS until last week and opened it like this. Was going to ask opinions on how to fix. They are out of stock, offered me $15 if I wanted to keep it.

I guess it threw me off that it's glued to that little piece of metal. I wasn't sure fabric glue would work. I thought it was magnetic at first because I didn't know why the metal was there. It's kind of disappointing; I think the $15 was a little cheap by BBTS too since I have to fix it myself and I'm assuming will spend at least $5 on the glue I'll (hopefully) use once.

edit. Now reading through I see the metal was glued to the flap. I had no idea the flap was supposed to open at all and didn't realize there was anything magnetic there.

Any suggestions how to remove the jacket and get on him a new one? Thing is mine jacket is damaged, the topsheet peel off and does not hold anymore (image below), and i need to swap it for the new one, but i can't see the way how to do it without end up with the same result.

View attachment 413844

Just moved mine yesterday to make way for my SSC Jack Burton, and my Tarkin did just this. Really? $450 on this 2 pack set and they glued fabric over the magnet? First, why even have this feature, it's not necessary. 2nd, why kinda cheap crap is this, gluing fabric? Why didn't they sew the magnet in? I'm going to attempt to use hot glue on a low setting, or ez glue, this sucks.

Just moved mine yesterday to make way for my SSC Jack Burton, and my Tarkin did just this. Really? $450 on this 2 pack set and they glued fabric over the magnet? First, why even have this feature, it's not necessary. 2nd, why kinda cheap crap is this, gluing fabric? Why didn't they sew the magnet in? I'm going to attempt to use hot glue on a low setting, or ez glue, this sucks.

I even didn't realize it's a magnet. I was wondering why there is some "metal" plate, but since mine is almost completely covered by a dry glue i didn't inspect it any further. This really sucks, HT, shame on you.

I even didn't realize it's a magnet. I was wondering why there is some "metal" plate, but since mine is almost completely covered by a dry glue i didn't inspect it any further. This really sucks, HT, shame on you.

Yeah my only worry is putting the right amount of glue to hold but to make sure to not put too much so it goes into the fabric and stains it.

Fabric glue works to attach all those studs you see on every figure, which are metal, and without leaving any residue like Crazy Glue might leave. You can get it for $4.

I got this to reattach buttons, highly recommend it. Has the tiniest little applicator — a needle. And given that lots of HT figure come with extra studs, they’re indicating that some are likely to fall off at some point.

G-S HYPO FABRIC CEMENT Adhesive Crafting Glue 1/3 oz. Tube https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/292012244851

I would also recommend fabric glue. Fabric glue is less risky for cloth and textile surface since they're intended for that sort of application. No residue, flexible, completely clear, doesn't harden in the same way.

Regret not getting Tarkin while was still available, now the ebay prices are too much.

Popcultcha in Australia still has it. $260 shipped to the US. More than retail but less than eBay and the money goes to a solid retailer just selling it for their regular price.

Back