Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin setup

Hot_Toys_Grand_Moff_Tarkin_setup.jpg

I saw that picture in the Vader pose thread. A simple, but effective, pose. :rock

Thanks. I'm really thinking of giving up on the HT tall colored stands and go with the simple oval ones I got from ebay. You can see the discrepancy of Tarkin and Spacetrooper stands compared to the red Stormie and Vader ones. The only thing that holds me back is that with current stands I can have the SSC AT-AT Driver at the same height as HT Snowies, SSC's Driver is superb but quite taller than HT figs.

I like the hot toys stands, but they do take up a lot of room.

My favorite HT stands were their old flat oval ones, I have them with my Appleseed and Endo figs. I also liked the old SSC stands, but the logos on them tended to get glued on some figures boots. In an ideal world I would display all the figures without any stands, but as of now wouldn't risk it to be honest.

Big fan of Tarkin and I really liked the overall figure, although the hair seems a little too brown.
I have mine set up next to Grand Admiral Thrawn and my attempt at Admiral Ozzel.
tumblr_p942llC5Y31ty1vr8o1_540.jpg

I alwayed loved the look of the officers, still holding out for Hot Toys to make Krennic.

Big fan of Tarkin and I really liked the overall figure, although the hair seems a little too brown.
I have mine set up next to Grand Admiral Thrawn and my attempt at Admiral Ozzel.
tumblr_p942llC5Y31ty1vr8o1_540.jpg

I alwayed loved the look of the officers, still holding out for Hot Toys to make Krennic.

Looks great. I just bought a second Tarkin for use as an Imperial officer - may use the SSC Piett head, or maybe port my Ozzel head/hat over to it (I'll repaint the hats to match the Tarkin uniform. Still not sure if I'll sell off the head or just have it be a "temporary" custom officer and restore the Tarkin head later to sell it. Not sure about the rank badge - I have an extra I can use but not sure how securely affixed the HT Trakin rank badge is.

Interesting the different uniform colors - SSC vs HT. They seem to vary quite a bit depending on light in the movies - sometimes straight grey, other times more green.

Hi guys.
I am considering buying Tarkin alone. I can't go through all pages on this thread.
Anybody could summarize up things a little bit for me?
I am particularly worried about: manufacturing screwups (if any), tips and tricks, things to avoid, etc. That is, if there's anything to say in these respects regarding this particular figure.
Big thank you people!
Regards,
m.

Hi guys.
I am considering buying Tarkin alone. I can't go through all pages on this thread.
Anybody could summarize up things a little bit for me?
I am particularly worried about: manufacturing screwups (if any), tips and tricks, things to avoid, etc. That is, if there's anything to say in these respects regarding this particular figure.
Big thank you people!
Regards,
m.

From what I’ve seen the only negatives are
- his hands are a touch too large but futzing his sleeves help
- the cylinders can be a pain to insert for some but not everyone
- his hair color isn’t grey enough

I think that’s it really.

Back