Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look great! Did you make the backdrop?

Looks like a monitor screen maybe? If not you can do the same. You have to turn the brightness WAY down to make it look right.

fb1dfe82caecd27fed909a1990c47277.jpg

e15a6c97b3f772b60b4e162758232760.jpg

Last edited:
So do you have them hold it at UPS? I have to know, is that closer or further away than the Sideshow warehouse? :lol

Yes. It's about a mile away. So now I'm down to being 19 miles away from Sideshow for their shipping charge.

Figure looks great -- sculpt is glorious. Looks like a little person. Kind of creepy. In a good way.

Anyone figure out a safe way to de-wrinkle the suit yet?

Fast comp - straight from box, no futz...

T COMP 1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. It's about a mile away. So now I'm down to being 19 miles away from Sideshow for their shipping charge.

Figure looks great -- sculpt is glorious. Looks like a little person. Kind of creepy. In a good way.

Anyone figure out a safe way to de-wrinkle the suit yet?

Fast comp - straight from box, no futz...

View attachment 396372

Yeah, this is one of the most impressive figs straight from the box. But no, the uniform stresses me out. Seems to hold wrinkles too much even if it looks great from the box.

Great sculpt of a character who really needed a great sculpt for the figure to be really desirable. A pleasant surprise he was made. Congrats to all picking him up! I'm looking forward to getting him in the next couple weeks.

I received my Tarkin as well today, and I have to say that this is hands down the best ANH figure to me, at least of the ones with a sculpt with a portrait. The sculpt to me is a 9.5/10. As War-Gar stated, it's actually pretty creepy, in a good way; he almost looks literally like a shrunken down Tarkin.

My only gripe with the outfit is just the incorrect cylinder attachments on the right side of the belt that apparently should be belt adjustment holes, but I'm not really too bothered by it. Maybe I'll end up punching them out, maybe not. And the too short sleeves when bending his arm at the elbow, but I have his hands behind his back so it's not visible. I didn't really do too much futzing with mine, as I couldn't really see anything that was obvious that needed to be futzed without watching the film again and/or studying film image grabs.

image.jpg

I'm going to pose mine like that. Forgive me if this has been already talked about, but his hands look big too. Are they oversized in the flesh?

Yeah, this is one of the most impressive figs straight from the box. But no, the uniform stresses me out. Seems to hold wrinkles too much even if it looks great from the box.

You could iron them if need be, i have two more payments to make on this i got the double pack and my first vader figure, seems fitting for me since ANH version is only seen with tarkin, my next figure should be palpatine to complete the trilogy of bad guys. Call me crazy all i collect is bad guys, im hoping for a Krennic to complete the OT lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could iron them if need be...

I'm pretty good with ironing but this material makes me nervous. The suede-like feel even makes me concerned about steaming and/or water treatment.

I agree that this head sculpt is one of HT's best, if not the best, in the Star Wars line so far. Definitely top 2. Probably one of HT's best production heads ever.

I'm pretty good with ironing but this material makes me nervous. The suede-like feel even makes me concerned about steaming and/or water treatment.

I agree that this head sculpt is one of HT's best, if not the best, in the Star Wars line so far. Definitely top 2. Probably one of HT's best production heads ever.

Yeah, the fabric looks awesome but is pretty weird. It is like a thin suede, and yeah I'd be worried that it would leave subtle watermarks if you did the water treatment and there's no way I'd iron it. I've decided on a fairly straight-arms pose and leave it at that.

Had they done a little grey at the temples and sides, I'd say this head would be a 10/10, which is super rare for HT. An eerily perfect sculpt with paint that is good even by HT standards - and yeah, it's like a living Peter Cushing shrunken down. You kind wait for him to smile.:lol

He looks so good standing straight up with his arms at his sides! Might have to be how I mostly pose him. I wanted to go with the chin move but the sleeves of the uniform seem to come up short. Maybe I can get a decent pose waving that finger...

It's the lighting. Hair looks great in hand -- has a wonderful sheen to it -- but I think a bit too evenly brown. It does need some gray highlights at least.

Are you going to do it? Matrix's looks great, but when I take a closer look at him it kinda looks okay because of the sheen. Because of the receded hairline, you also don't see all that much of Tarkin's hair when he's facing you - versus say Luke or Han, where the hair color is 1/3 of what you are looking at when they are facing you.

Back