Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one. :lol

I forgot about the chair. It's definitely nice and really big -- helps justify the $235. I'll definitely have the chair around him, I don't think I'll have him sitting though. Too many wrinkles in that nice uniform.

I was planning to put the chair in the background too. It's often just wasted space at the back of the detolf anyway.

Bigger question for me is who to display him with? ANH Vader is already busy. Tarkin might be bossing the Gunners. We need those DS troopers and some other crew members!

^^^Plus tax :(
I don’t think Sideshow charges those out of state tax do they? Cheaper for me to order from another state. Comes to Sideshow, they ship it out, then back to California and saving $30-$40 hehe

No but many states require you to include a tally of all out of state purchases during your tax return. Almost nobody does of course.

That's half of the reason I got the gunner. Gonna be him and a trooper for now. They need to release this death star trooper already

I was planning to put the chair in the background too. It's often just wasted space at the back of the detolf anyway.

Bigger question for me is who to display him with? ANH Vader is already busy. Tarkin might be bossing the Gunners. We need those DS troopers and some other crew members!

DS trooper with the console would be the perfect choice to put behind Tarkin -Vader

Like so?

rEwG9hB.jpg

It's not apparent in the pic but the gunner is quite big compared to Tarkin.

Thought I was only pre-ordering this but to my surprise got a shipping notification today. This will be fun to explain to my wife.

Thought I was only pre-ordering this but to my surprise got a shipping notification today. This will be fun to explain to my wife.

Its funny, i have to white lie about toys i buy, but my gf has no problem laying down $100 for candles she burns. Its like lighting money on fire. Then she wants me to buy roses, which end up in the trash 5 days later. First world problems! :)

I have come up with a dastardly plan though, buy the toys i want, tell my mom to wrap them, she can tell my gf she bought them and if my gf just wants to pitch in then great, then give them to me on my birthday or christmas, and say they were bought for me. I'm going to try this with the UCS lego falcon.

I think this is the way to go. :)

I changed the pose on my Tarkin to the pointed finger pose, after all. I actually think it conveys Tarkin’s character better and the white that shows of the sleeve of the undershirt is actually accurate when he bends his arm:

95251041-9C5E-4920-93AB-5E8AAB316A8A.jpeg

Back