Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tarkin looks fantastic, very happy to say. As a huge Hammer Horror, as well as Star Wars fan, this has long been a grail of mine, so to have it not just happen, but be done so well is very welcome indeed. Hopefully one day we'll see a Count Dooku of similar quality, as I'd love to have a quality Christopher Lee on my villains shelf as well.

Some pictures from fb :

7de50878e3836d28cad42e1e31b4ad0f.jpg

...no touching please

I'm glad i have no knowledge about every detail on the costumes so i can say - this looks amazing from the bottom to top.

Is this Vader a straight re-release of the rogue one?

Looks like a combination of ANH and Rogue One to me. It's hard to say for sure without seeing all the individual parts, but it looks like the ANH figure as a base with the gloves, chest box (with added studs), and belt/belt box from Rogue One. It's possible though that the proportions are slightly different than ANH Vader since they probably used a different body. And I'm wondering if the shin guards and boots are different from ANH, since they look a little slimmer.

Looks like a combination of ANH and Rogue One to me. It's hard to say for sure without seeing all the individual parts, but it looks like the ANH figure as a base with the gloves, chest box (with added studs), and belt/belt box from Rogue One. It's possible though that the proportions are slightly different than ANH Vader since they probably used a different body. And I'm wondering if the shin guards and boots are different from ANH, since they look a little slimmer.

I already have the ANH Vader, I'm just wondering if I need another Vader or just get the Tarkin.

I already have the ANH Vader, I'm just wondering if I need another Vader or just get the Tarkin.

I opted for just the Tarkin, Vader looks too similar to my Vader with the Rogue One gloves. This figure also has the light up saber. It's a good deal for the Vader but didn't seem worth it for me.

I'm going to have to remove the 3 studs on the right of the belt as they should be holes and bring the rank bar up and over a tad more to the left but overall it's great

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Well, Tarkin looks amazing...really great figure...but Vader for me looks more like the Rogue One version than Ep4...I don´t like the shape of the dome...

Looks like the interrogator droid got a more solid stand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opted for just the Tarkin, Vader looks too similar to my Vader with the Rogue One gloves. This figure also has the light up saber. It's a good deal for the Vader but didn't seem worth it for me.

I agree, I have ANH Vader with Rogue one glove set. I'll just pick up Tarkin.

To me, that will be Tarkin only. Already have ANH and RO with ESB Vader coming this year. No different enough to warrant yet another Vader purchase with so many unique releases coming later this year.

Back