Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EB1526F832FF42F38C2F.jpeg

Wow I wasn’t expecting this for a long time but bring it on. Hot Toys looks to have nailed this one.

Me either!! I had a bad feeling (in the best possible way!!) when I saw this thread at the top of the Star Wars forum!!! :lol Wasn't expecting this to be released for absolutely ages! I'm happy to see it released early but on the flip-side my purse most definitely is not!!! :panic: :horror

Also just noticed from watching the youtube vid Vader's belt is wrong.. Has the silver dot from ESB/ROTJ which is odd since even the RO version doesn't have the silver dot. Weird. It's like this is literally parts from ANH, RO & yet to be released ESB all rolled into one... The base for the interrogation droid is the same, just looks to be cast in a sturdier more solid plastic rather than the cheap flimsy plastic of the original ANH version.

Looks like I'll be on the hunt again for some parted out hands. The only problem I ever had with the original, which actually doesn't even bother me anymore.

I noticed Loontentoys still had a couple of Tarkins left on eBay this afternoon for a reasonable price so I panicked and ordered one... I'm so weak...

Wow, looks amazing! There are three poses that would look great imo the seated w/Vader behind, finger waving at Leia, and the nervous hand to chin pose. Makes me wanna get the single to go with the two pack to get at least two of those poses covered.

We waited AGES for a Tarkin and here he is, 10/10. I may change my priorities for next month budget!
I was thinking about the two pack but that Vader is really a huge MEH.

Only nit is the silver tabs on Tarkin's belt -- likely can't remove or there will be glue stains. Other than that, looks like a 10/10.

I wish I had a reason to get the two-pack -- just love Vader and Tarkin together.

So, for me now, ANH is officially done. Greedo, Sandperson, TIE pilot, DS Trooper, whatever is all gravy after Tarkin. Got the 7 principal heroes and now the 2 primary villains (with the standard, sand and space troopers).

Which ANH imperials are left? Tie Pilot, DS Trooper, and Sandtrooper Seargent, right? Hopefully 2018/2019 will be all about ESB.

After shipping and reward points I would have paid $477 from Sideshow for the 2-pack. Just bought one on ebay for $450 after rewards and I'll receive it 3-4 weeks faster. I think it's finally time for myself and SS to part ways. :wave

Back