Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume that we will get to see all the "headless" figures this week, but will any go up for preorder? I worry a little about figures like Tarkin and Yondu, they don't feel safe until HT starts taking money.

When they were showing Leia from the back, I couldn't stop thinking, "Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it." :lol

Hahaha - I was thinking the exact same thing even on the fifth viewing.:rotfl

It comes at the ultimate moment of the movie where everything's just humming along... then that CGI face. Which really isn't bad technically, but it was really jarring.

The first time I saw it I kept thinking of this, something about the mouth movement, the make-up and that cheesy smile:

giphy.gif

Not ashamed to admit that I teared up.

Just so cool as a continuity buff and a fan of all things pilots and starfighters.

:clap

It is amazing the amount and depth of emotion woven into the classic trilogy for many of us. I loved the interweaving of that - they really didn't have to do it either.

I'm pretty sure Tarkin is very high on the list of the most wanted figures overall right now. For HT it's a nobrainer to just finally do this, release, buy a swimming pool and fill it with all that money from us.

I assume that we will get to see all the "headless" figures this week, but will any go up for preorder? I worry a little about figures like Tarkin and Yondu, they don't feel safe until HT starts taking money.

Damn it don't say that, lol, especially since we're still waiting on Gonk, Death Squad Commander, and Baze which have been fully displayed with no preorders in sight.

Not ashamed to admit that I teared up.

Just so cool as a continuity buff and a fan of all things pilots and starfighters.

It was pretty interesting to think about how just a short while later, both Red and Gold leader and their respective squadrons would go from flying against the shield gate at Scarif to flying over the Death Star.

They were probably still over Scarif when the Death Star fired at the citadel tower since the fleet hadn't jumped out yet. They saw the blast. They knew the stakes.

Interesting thought on them witnessing the DS blast because you're right, Raddus gave the order to make the jump *after* he watched the the base get nuked. But yeah, my mouth was pretty much on the floor during all the Red and Gold Leader scenes, hell the entire space battle itself literally caught me by complete surprise. Not since watching ANH in 1977 have I ever watched a SW movie *without* knowing that a big battle like that was coming. I assumed that a few X-Wings would should up to provide air support for the battle on the beach and that that would be it.

But then to instead witness a space battle that in my mind topped ROTJ, WITH brand new footage of such old school pilots seamlessly integrated into the film? It was nothing less than surreal.

Hahaha - I was thinking the exact same thing even on the fifth viewing.:rotfl

It comes at the ultimate moment of the movie where everything's just humming along... then that CGI face. Which really isn't bad technically, but it was really jarring.

The first time I saw it I kept thinking of this, something about the mouth movement, the make-up and that cheesy smile:

https://media.giphy.com/media/YFis3URdQJ6qA/giphy.gif[/QUOTE]

:rotfl :exactly:

[QUOTE="Wor-Gar, post: 9347076, member: 775"]No Cassian. No Krennic. No dice.

[IMG]https://thegoldensombrero.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/spicoliinfasttimesatridgemonthigh1.jpg

All I need is my Jyn Erso and maybe a Shoretrooper and I'm fine.

20014037.gif

I bet he goes up for preorder relatively quickly. Everyone wants a Tarkin and he's relatively simple to produce.

Now that they have Tarkin, they should do Cassian Andor in disguise, it would look great next to Jyn.

Back