Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I have a quiet day I will open my sealed namesake, as he will be not only my first Hot Toys figure but my first proper display figure I would be very grateful for your advice on what to watch out for, or any other advice - from posing to possible breakages to avoid.

Many thanks indeed,
"Governor Tarkin"

When I have a quiet day I will open my sealed namesake, as he will be not only my first Hot Toys figure but my first proper display figure I would be very grateful for your advice on what to watch out for, or any other advice - from posing to possible breakages to avoid.

Many thanks indeed,
"Governor Tarkin"
The one to watch for is the glue bleeding through the fabric on the magnetic closure on the shoulder.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thank you - as he is not in stock I doubt that I could come by a replacement. In the event of the worst, is there any way to minimise any damage?

The magnet on my shirt came off and I had to reglue it back. Several people were posting about it, it just has hit or miss glue there I guess. I wouldn't touch it unless you have to, there's really no reason for there to be a magnet there anyway.

The magnet on my shirt came off and I had to reglue it back. Several people were posting about it, it just has hit or miss glue there I guess. I wouldn't touch it unless you have to, there's really no reason for there to be a magnet there anyway.

Yeah, that seems to be happening on a lot of these.

Exactly. At least hey should have glued the darn thing with a better glue.

Yeah, that seems to be happening on a lot of these.

The glue might be low quality and dried up. And for sure it will happen to more and more figures alas. HT and their high quality materials...

The magnet came unglued on mine as well. It should have been enclosed within the fabric.

I've gone off this figure, whilst discussing the Neo figure, it became apparent, his face was too far forward / ears too far back. It's the same with Tarkin. Throws off what is otherwise, an excellent sculpt.

The magnet came unglued on mine as well. It should have been enclosed within the fabric.

I've gone off this figure, whilst discussing the Neo figure, it became apparent, his face was too far forward / ears too far back. It's the same with Tarkin. Throws off what is otherwise, an excellent sculpt.

With Neo it seems very off to me cause that’s not what Keanu’s face looks like. But Peter Cushing did have that type of face. Seems close enough to me. Almost never display this in profile though as the sculpt looks so great from the front.

b9ec06c1d0fc427bb6c2a351cb933ba9.jpg

With Neo it seems very off to me cause that’s not what Keanu’s face looks like. But Peter Cushing did have that type of face. Seems close enough to me. Almost never display this in profile though as the sculpt looks so great from the front.

b9ec06c1d0fc427bb6c2a351cb933ba9.jpg

There are a few minor nits with the fig but jeez HT did a great job on Tarkin. Even though the figure hair's too dark (same as pretty much every HT SW figure... Han and Leia have near-black hair) you can't see much grey hair on the screen shot Tarkin - his hair looks way more grey in some pics than others. Some it seems almost all grey, others its a mix and in a few pics he seems to have little grey hair at all.

Great photo.

The main thing that continually bugs me about this figure is the inaccurate line of rivets on the belt. It's clear HT looked at a ref pic and reflections on the shiny belt holes made them look like actual rivets, but its so prominent/visible on the fig. I saw someone tried to remove the rivets and it does leave little tears on the pleather where the rivets were glued so I really don't want to do it.

Those rivets, though inaccurate, look kinda cool, like some tech or comm buttons on his belt. The reason I left them where they are

Back