Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoth Leia was a huge disappointment. This is not. Stunning figure about as good as hot toys can be. Just ****ing awesome.

How do you have Leia posed? I found a classic ESB Leia pose that made me like the figure a lot more.

WHAAAAAAAAA?????????:slap

The head. It was a sizemic shift from the prototype. She looks very masculine and gaunt and not like fisher. It just looks so so different from the prototype which blew me away.

This in the other hand while looking different from the prototype I actually think looks more like Cushing. I will agree the hair is a bit dark but other than that i can find no flaws.

I’ve got several great poses out of her... can’t help the head which I really hate on a ANH han level.

That being said in one who loves the ANH Leia Head

I have her with hands on hips, upper torso pivoted forward and head tilted and turned slightly to the side. It makes the head a 3/4 profile, disguising the couple of issues with the head (to my eye) and really brings the whole figure to life. The outfit could use some refitting but I plan to do that at some point. I would love to lightly weather it too (esp plasticky boots) but not yet.

I have her with hands on hips, upper torso pivoted forward and head tilted and turned slightly to the side. It makes the head a 3/4 profile, disguising the couple of issues with the head (to my eye) and really brings the whole figure to life. The outfit could use some refitting but I plan to do that at some point. I would love to lightly weather it too (esp plasticky boots) but not yet.

Your plans for the outfit sound super great. I’ll esgery await to see what you do with it!

Still blown away by how great he is.

9AB2EBDB-6796-49BE-B7CF-14F04D0475D8.jpeg

ON the fence for the 2 pack;

Is the Interrogation Droid really cheap and crappy? That's something I was actually excited about as an accessory.

Is this Vader as good as any as my first and only?

The switch on the hair from the proto on Tarkin bothers me too....

From what I understand this Vader is the best of the best. It has the anh parts that were best by the rogue one offering for a perfect combo minus the electronics unless that’s important to you.

The droid isn’t cheap it’s quite beautiful but I will admit the extensions fall off constantly.

You can’t not have Darth Vader. Consider yourself lucky for the opportunity of not having one to get the two pack unlike the rest of us who annoyingly had to get the parts separate to swap or even worse like I did ages ago the rogue one figure which I’m still selling off loose parts on eBay.

Is the Interrogation Droid really cheap and crappy? That's something I was actually excited about as an accessory.

The Interrogator Droid is quite nice, the problem lays with its crappy cheapo base. As for Vader, it is a combo of ANH and RO. Is it the best? That is debatable. But it is good indeed

From what I understand this Vader is the best of the best. It has the anh parts that were best by the rogue one offering for a perfect combo minus the electronics unless that’s important to you.

The droid isn’t cheap it’s quite beautiful but I will admit the extensions fall off constantly.

You can’t not have Darth Vader. Consider yourself lucky for the opportunity of not having one to get the two pack unlike the rest of us who annoyingly had to get the parts separate to swap or even worse like I did ages ago the rogue one figure which I’m still selling off loose parts on eBay.

The combinations of different parts seem subjective but I would agree that the V2 seems to be the best out-of-the-box Vader.

Best of the best depends really on whether you prefer the original ANH beat up Vader, or the nice and pretty shiny Vader, in which you could chose between the RO or upcoming ESB. If you want shiny, I'd wait for ESB or the eventual ROTJ version. If you prefer original ANH beat up Vader, then as you've read, opinions are all over the place.

I still prefer the original ANH Vader out of the box over this new 2pk Tarkin ANH Vader. The only issue with the original were the way they did the hands. Which you can currently be able to pick up a few parted out hands. This new 2pk one to me has more inaccuracies than the original. If you wan't the best ANH Vader and have the funds, I'd buy both, swap out what you like/don't like, then sell off all the rest of what you don't use.

The interrogation droid is a nice accessory, but not essential. The only issue is the terrible plastic stand...

Back