Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Tarkin today, and I have to agree that for such a barebones figure he still has a ton of presence. I'll definitely need to do something about that brown hair though. And probably lighten up the eyes too.

As for the cylinders, I had no problem pushing them all the way down, but looks like they still wanted to slide back up anyway in that first pic. Lol.

20180309_185007 (549x925).jpg

20180309_194111 (596x955).jpg

The way it was going, I never thought I'd see the day I'd have Tarkin on the shelf. And this is TRULY Tarkin on the shelf! Haven't had time to dissect the new/old Vader yet, I can't stop looking at the Moff!

Took this earlier tonight... "You may fire when ready."

Awesome picture Matrix. I need a Tusken Raider bad!

I got Tarkin yesterday and took a quick shot of him today having lunch at Jabba's. I also posted this in the Jabba thread.

View attachment 398337

For now, going with the hands-behind-the-back pose; what a great HS!

View attachment 398422

Sweet pics, guys!

Exactly. Also always makes me laugh that Sideshow's website says Hot Toys distributor for USA and Europe. With all the shipping and taxes it's hardly worth getting anything large & expensive shipped from the States.

It means they distribute to the stores there. Sideshow also doubles as a retailer obviously.

Exactly. Also always makes me laugh that Sideshow's website says Hot Toys distributor for USA and Europe. With all the shipping and taxes it's hardly worth getting anything large & expensive shipped from the States.

I'm positive there is a better, more efficient way of distributing Hot Toys around the world. The likely problem is that there is just not enough crazy mofos that collect this stuff to make it worth working out all those details.

Sideshow also has some free international shipping... but only for items no one wants...

2b3f5c021b43942d785963144d7d107c.jpg
74d0868dce38dc63e012c9c58df8ce1b.jpg
8328516b365723934f7c5ea7fe5074ed.jpg

This is probably my favorite overall figure. Looks just like a little man on the shelf. I sure hope the Emperor turns out this well.

Now bring on the Death Star Trooper HT’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT has been doing well recently with nailing older male likenesses (Solo, TLJ Luke proto, Tarkin), so hopefully the Emperor does indeed follow suit. Though he has a few more wrinkles than the others.

Did anyone get a box code with this they don't need ? Send me a PM, am wanting to get a figure this weekend.

Or have they stopped giving those box codes out ?

They sent out postcards recently, nothing on boxes I believe. I wasn't one of the chosen ones.

Nice pose and great pic but that is a LOT of undershirt showing at the cuff. Bummer the sleeves/cuffs weren't just a bit longer.

Back