Hot Toys Goemon Ishikawa full review and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saizo's body... I suppose Goemon uses the same thing...
ht-goemon-saizo-body-g.jpg

Yes, these figures have the narrow shoulders, but with the sculpted neck body.

My Goemon figure arrived during the weekend. I was pretty excited. My friend had the movie w/subtitles and we watched it a week or so ago. I loved it. The CGI was a bit obvious, but that's beside the point, I think. It's like a live-action anime, similar to what Casshern was, but I liked Goemon more because the story was easier to follow.

I ordered Goemon and Saizo but not Chacha. Like I said before, Goemon arrived last weekend. Great figure overall, but I ran into a problem...

When I opened the box, Goemon's left foot fell off. I took the foot out of the boot and at a quick glance it looked intact, nothing broken. I popped the foot back onto the ankle, and it was a bit loose so I applied a bit of blue tack to the socket on the foot, but that didn't help. I inspected the foot closely again and I found a tiny fracture in the clear plastic socket that I missed before. A bit of glue and/or plastic cement would help. While I waited for the glue to dry, I thought I'd try using a regular True Type foot that I had (didn't need them for Cop Joker). It fit Goemon's boot very well, if a bit more snug.

This is what Goemon's foot looks like inside the split toed boots. I wonder if the Planet of the Apes figures also have this type of foot. It's not as sturdy as a regular TT foot, imo.
IMG_2474.jpg

You might notice the bit of blue tack.
IMG_2477.jpg

Below, Right foot is original one, left foot is a regular True Type. Can't really see a difference. :D
IMG_2478.jpg

Some pics I just took. Wooks, hope you don't mind me posting these in your review thread. There's just no place else and I don't want to bump the ol' Goemon specs thread.

One interesting thing I noticed while watching the film is that Goemon never actually uses the Tenka sword in this outfit. He wears multiple outfits during the course of the film. He never wears the scabbard either.

Can't wait for Saizo. Will you do a review for the rest of the HT Goemon figures, Wookster?

IMG_2414.jpg
IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg
IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg
IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg
IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

I really like the details on the sword. The fact that it's metal also helps.
IMG_2479.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry you had the foot problem, but good to see you resolved it. Great pics you have there, he is just so cool to pose.

I do plan on getting and reviewing the others, and I was hoping they'd do Nobunaga or Goemon in his armour, but it's looking doubtful now.

I'm working on Goemon Cosbaby sets as we speak.

I had the same trouble with the feet and replaced them like you did Plasmid. those clear plastic foot cups are rubbish.

Sorry you had the foot problem, but good to see you resolved it. Great pics you have there, he is just so cool to pose.

I do plan on getting and reviewing the others, and I was hoping they'd do Nobunaga or Goemon in his armour, but it's looking doubtful now.

I'm working on Goemon Cosbaby sets as we speak.

Sweet, looking forward to those reviews. A Goemon in red armor figure would have been a great project perfect for Hot Toys, but you're right I don't think it's happening.

I had the same trouble with the feet and replaced them like you did Plasmid. those clear plastic foot cups are rubbish.

Yeah, aside from having a flat sole (or underside), the design of those feet is pretty poor.

I am glad that we have gotten these three figure from the movie. Chacha is gorgeous. I am in love with her.
I will have to take some photos of Ishikawa when I get the chance.

great photos by the way Plasmid, they are really cool I like the one of him running. :rock

Back