Hot toys godfather sculpt photo !.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's done some very sloid work on these-

Brando
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_071408b.htm

Dean
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_060608b.htm

And though I originally thought it was by Yulli, he did Rocky III as well-
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_080408b.htm

The Dean absolutely rocks. Taken with the new Godfather sculpt he seems to be the go-to guy for Marlon Brando. I don't think he quite captured the younger version but splitting the difference with this latest work, I'm absolutely blown away. It's not just the likeness in the Godfather piece, it's the attitude and personality he's managed to reproduce. If the production figure looks that good... drooooolllll...

Looks great... although I swear I've seen it somewhere before :rolleyes:

Glad to see they are finally able to officially announce this one.

Looks great... although I swear I've seen it somewhere before :rolleyes:

Glad to see they are finally able to officially announce this one.

Same. Can't remember but I heard that there was some feller sharing some kind of picture, I dunno.

This is getting nuts! Where the hell do I draw the line? Hot Toys is literally starting to kill me, I can't afford anything right now but seeing all of these new lines irrupting is a great example of temptation.

AH MUST RESISTA! :D

Re: New Hot Toys 'Marlon Brando' first peek

Not sure if this will be an 'official' The Godfather figure, but it looks pretty damn fine to me.

marlonpic.jpg

Pic taken from the new newsletter.

Love the liver spots.

Yeah, the liver spots plus the little wrinkles, skin texture. It's really an amazing sculpt and paint job. I'm not a Godfather fan but I may have to get this anyways.

Does this mean that I can post the Godfather Proto Pic from months ago again or will I get a slap on the wrists....yet again. :lol

It's nice to finally see a clearer shot of this. The level of quality that HT is turning out these days is ridiculous. It looks like they pulled Brando out of the film and cut his head off.

Does this mean that I can post the Godfather Proto Pic from months ago again or will I get a slap on the wrists....yet again. :lol

no. That wasn't an official pic - and this may not be a "Godfather" figure, but just marlon Brando in a tux.

Alright :lol

I'll hold onto the "Brando in a Tux" pic....but remember Dave the base placard said "Don Vito Corleone."

I know Enterbay will be making one too but HT will surely be the better figure at a better price.
Only Enterbay's Bruce Lee series has been pricey. Most of their other figures have been coming in at $150. Enterbay bodies are robust, so none of the wrist pin breakages that Hot Toys are known for. Their tailoring is pretty good too, although they haven't had to make something as nice as HT Joker 1 outfit, to compare it with. Even so, they wouldn't have used velcro.

That HT Brando sculpt is pretty damn good. I can't see where Enterbay could improve upon it really. Unless it becomes a competition of who can keep the production line in the closest check. If Enterbay can match or better it somehow, then they are going to blow Hot Toys over. Their moving eye system might push the odds in their favour. Maybe they'll use their new skin technology on their Brando, which may push up the price. If they do then it wont be a competition, but rather a matter of getting the best version Brando, which will be the Enterbay one, because they would have reset the benchmark. Enterbays packaging is much nicer than Hot Toys. Hot Toys did well with the 1950's Brando box, almost copying Enterbay, but that flap of paper took a few marks off the score. With Enterbay you'll know the edition size from the COA in the box. Who knows how many Hot Toys make of anything, and why don't they tell their customers by putting it in the stats on their site?

Last edited:
These are 12" figures right?

Pretty ^^^^ing awesome likeness right there.

Hot Toys just rocks on likenesses and I am once again ready to jump in.

Only Enterbay's Bruce Lee series has been pricey. Most of their other figures have been coming in at $150. Enterbay bodies are robust, so none of the wrist pin breakages that Hot Toys are known for. Their tailoring is pretty good too, although they haven't had to make something as nice as HT Joker 1 outfit, to compare it with. Even so, they wouldn't have used velcro.

That HT Brando sculpt is pretty damn good. I can't see where Enterbay could improve upon it really. Unless it becomes a competition of who can keep the production line in the closest check. If Enterbay can match or better it somehow, then they are going to blow Hot Toys over. Their moving eye system might push the odds in their favour. Maybe they'll use their new skin technology on their Brando, which may push up the price. If they do then it wont be a competition, but rather a matter of getting the best version Brando, which will be the Enterbay one, because they would have reset the benchmark. Enterbays packaging is much nicer than Hot Toys. Hot Toys did well with the 1950's Brando box, almost copying Enterbay, but that flap of paper took a few marks off the score. With Enterbay you'll know the edition size from the COA in the box. Who knows how many Hot Toys make of anything, and why don't they tell their customers by putting it in the stats on their site?

Who gives a flip about COA, All I care about is the bad ass stuff HT makes like the Terminator Endoskeleton, Tumbler, Powerloader, Hellboy, Superman Returns. I'd put their already made Brando figures up there with the best high end 1/6 scale collectibles made period. They didn't need any fancey skin and Hasbro's GIJoe beat Enterbay by over 30 years with moveable eyes.

Who gives a flip about COA, All I care about is the bad ass stuff HT makes like the Terminator Endoskeleton, Tumbler, Powerloader, Hellboy, Superman Returns. I'd put their already made Brando figures up there with the best high end 1/6 scale collectibles made period. They didn't need any fancey skin and Hasbro's GIJoe beat Enterbay by over 30 years with moveable eyes.
Not me, all I said is you'll know the edition size because of the COA included. No need to get your knickers in a knot because the nam is on your case. However, I do like to know edition sizes. You have your cares and I have mine.

People talk about raising the bar. Enterbay do that too, not just with their skin or moveable eyes. I even said I'd find it hard to top that excellent sculpt, but your too hot under the collar to care about anything I said, cause it certainly seems like your overlooking the parts where I am in agreement, or the fact that what I am talking about is purely speculative up to this point.

Back