Hot Toys Gi Joe - a possibility?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of that sculpted flack vest Hasbro seems to have a hardon for. Or those unrealistic "future" boots they seem to be popping on everybody.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but if you bought Sideshow Snake Eyes and actually saw him in-hand, you might change your mind. He is magnificent. Could Hot Toys do better? Probably, but they aren't doing them, and given the current price for 1/6 figures, $100-120 for Snakes is a better than average value. Hot Toys figures are now getting upwards of $200+

It's possible that I would change my mind, but I just feel they should have gone for a more iconic look. He just looks too much like a generic military dude, and the skinny-looking torso/arms don't look good to me at all.

I would've preferred to see some kind of muscle body (like on the human Predator figs, and such) painted black. Not totally buffed out like Arnold, but that idea. Anyway, just my opinion. The SE is cool definitely, but if I'm spending $120 on it, I think it should've been a lot more iconic, and instead of so much IMO extraneous weaponry, he should've come with a SEV1 head or visor switch-out, Timber, stuff that's more important to the character than extra ammo clips or whatever.

Btw, glad to see you're a Flint fan. One of my favorite characters! ;)

I will say I'm glad they are selling well.

The Cobra Soldier/Officers do look really cool, and seeing some of the SW stuff I think SS could also do pretty good justice other troops like a Viper or Crimson Guard.

SE SS is badass :rock :rock :rock Getting CC this week, on Weds.

right on!

057-2.jpg

hasbro's flint was ok. as was their destro (decent head sculpt for a toy), and shockblast/shockwave. but i also hate the molded vests.

right on!

057-2.jpg

hasbro's flint was ok. as was their destro (decent head sculpt for a toy), and shockblast/shockwave. but i also hate the molded vests.

Yeah Flint was the only I bought from the stores, I was goin to get the SE and SS from Hasbro but I stopped myself. I had self control of those figs for some reason.

Bazooka was another close one...

Yeah Flint was the only I bought from the stores, I was goin to get the SE and SS from Hasbro but I stopped myself. I had self control of those figs for some reason.

Bazooka was another close one...

yah, i actually had quite a few of them but recently sold them all. beachhead was actually pretty cool. he just needed a boot swap. hasbro is just weird sometimes. they do a semi-realistic version of a character, give them in-scale weapons and gear but then throw these crazy-ass moon boots on them. with just a few tweaks, several of those figures would have been really cool for $15 or w/e they were originally. it's like someone at qc sees a figure and says, wait, he's not ready, we need to put these pontoon sized boots on him. same goes for their 3 3/4 stuff in terms of those launchers (roc-wise). course, it goes without saying, i mean in terms of being a collector and what looks good. my kids were fine with them and in terms of playability they were great. :lol

yah, i actually had quite a few of them but recently sold them all. beachhead was actually pretty cool. he just needed a boot swap. hasbro is just weird sometimes. they do a semi-realistic version of a character, give them in-scale weapons and gear but then throw these crazy-ass moon boots on them. with just a few tweaks, several of those figures would have been really cool for $15 or w/e they were originally. it's like someone at qc sees a figure and says, wait, he's not ready, we need to put these pontoon sized boots on him. same goes for their 3 3/4 stuff in terms of those launchers (roc-wise). course, it goes without saying, i mean in terms of being a collector and what looks good. my kids were fine with them and in terms of playability they were great. :lol

Oh yea I forgot all about Beachhead, did they sell quickly, where did you sell and them and about how much?

i sold a lot of 10 or so (i think) of them on ebay a few months ago. i don't remember what the ending price was though...under a $100 bucks i'm pretty sure. i just remember they did better than i thought they would. i was afraid they'd end with like 1 bid for $20 or something.

i sold a lot of 10 or so (i think) of them on ebay a few months ago. i don't remember what the ending price was though...under a $100 bucks i'm pretty sure. i just remember they did better than i thought they would. i was afraid they'd end with like 1 bid for $20 or something.

Yeah I have that Flint and some Optimus Prime Leader Classes that I want to get rid of but scared of the 1 bid $20 stuff :lol

Guess I should put BIN and reserves on the Leader Classes :monkey3

Back