Hot Toys Gi Joe - a possibility?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Gi Joe

and they're still annoying.
For the record,
No, hot toys will not be doing a Joe line. Not a film line, and not a RAH line. Hasbro has a working history and partnership with sideshow, so that is where the liscense will stay unless sideshow bungles it. and considering there has not yet been a second chance on any of them, I think it'll stay there.

Why are there countless threads of "What if Hot Toys made..."? Look I love em' to guys but they can't make everything! I guess I know the answer to my own question. :dunno

I don't have a clue, Deak. This topic has certainly been debunked. SSC is doing a killer job with the liscense could we please kills this thread? It serves little substancial purpose.

Because $100 is soooooooooooo close to $150. :rolleyes:

$100 is at least 5x what Hasbro charges for theirs, and IMO the SS ones aren't 5x better.

If you like the SS Joe figures I'm glad you are getting what you want, but I think if HT did RAH stuff it would definitely be worth at least $150.

$100 is at least 5x what Hasbro charges for theirs, and IMO the SS ones aren't 5x better.

If you like the SS Joe figures I'm glad you are getting what you want, but I think if HT did RAH stuff it would definitely be worth at least $150.

You are a true newb if you don't see the difference between the SS GIJoe and the crap Hasbro is passing off as 12" GIJoes.

You are a true newb if you don't see the difference between the SS GIJoe and the crap Hasbro is passing off as 12" GIJoes.

Why the hostility? Can't I think that the SS figures aren't worth the money? :rolleyes:

Have you bought any of Sideshow's? The are easily 5x better than the Hasbro ones and I've bought every one they've produced (from both companies) with the exception of Hasbro's 12" movie line. To be honest, I really don't see how HT could improve upon Sideshow's figures to justify a minimum $50 price hike (it'd likely be more though). Perhaps you'd be better off sticking around Hisstank.com than making ridiculous posts here among people who actually know about high-end collectibles.

There was a thread already on it. It won't happen.

I for sure would not buy figures from that movie, even if HT made them.

I'd buy Destro, but only because it would have a kick-ass Christopher Eccleston likeness I could bash into a Ninth Doctor.

For the record, I have both Sideshow and Hasbro 12 inch Snake Eyes figures, and yes, the Sideshow version is 5X better. Actually, it is at least 100X better. Hot Toys would have nothing to work with with this movie. I'm sure figures, if ever released (which they won't be) would look just like the characters in the movie do. However, they look like garbage, and so it would be very high quality, incredibly accurate renditions of crappy looking garbage.

That Flint is only good for his beret and maybe his shotgun, IMO. But the beret is very cool. I'm talking about the ones that came out last year or the year before, btw, not the ones from the early 1990s.

That Flint is only good for his beret and maybe his shotgun, IMO. But the beret is very cool. I'm talking about the ones that came out last year or the year before, btw, not the ones from the early 1990s.

Yeah they were out with the 25th Annis right? That's the one I have, not the 1990's...

Perhaps you'd be better off sticking around Hisstank.com than making ridiculous posts here among people who actually know about high-end collectibles.

Perhaps you'd be better off letting people have an opinion. :rolleyes:

No, I haven't bought any of Sideshow's, because again, IMO they aren't worth the money, and no I don't need to buy something to determine its worth.

The Hasbro ones aren't good either, and I don't buy those either, was just making an observation.

And if I think HT in general makes a higher quality product than SS, that's well within my rights to express that POV, thanks.

Yeah. His shotgun is actually very similar to the one that comes with the HT BD T-800, and might be a nice substitute for a kit-bash, if someone was looking for that particular weapon.

https://www.hisstank.com/forum/atta...591-flint-g-i-joe-12-inch-review-img_2016.jpg

No, I haven't bought any of Sideshow's, because again, IMO they aren't worth the money, and no I don't need to buy something to determine its worth.
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but if you bought Sideshow Snake Eyes and actually saw him in-hand, you might change your mind. He is magnificent. Could Hot Toys do better? Probably, but they aren't doing them, and given the current price for 1/6 figures, $100-120 for Snakes is a better than average value. Hot Toys figures are now getting upwards of $200+

Back