Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

This guy looks so good.

Just curious has anyone removed the suit underneath? I think I am going to take the padding out of the pockets at the very least when I get mine.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

This guy looks so good.

Just curious has anyone removed the suit underneath? I think I am going to take the padding out of the pockets at the very least when I get mine.

The couple from the Youtube review Da Bomb Show took them all off to show the base body, but they are discouraging everyone to do the same thing as the costume's a bit tricky and risky to put back on.

Wow! The pics had me drooling, but this guy is even better in hand! The only issues I have is loose left shoulder armor and the lack of articulation in the ankles. I bought this guy primarily to kitbash, but I may have to scoop up another to keep intact.

I had some quick fun with him yesterday:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2250&pictureid=27094

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2250&pictureid=27095

This guy looks so good.

I did. And as such. His t-shirt around the middle is baggy. :lol

The couple from the Youtube review Da Bomb Show took them all off to show the base body, but they are discouraging everyone to do the same thing as the costume's a bit tricky and risky to put back on.

More or less, it's not so bad breaking him down apart nor putting him together. The hard thing is putting on the gauntlets as the sleeves tend to roll up a bit as you put them on.

Heres a quick look at mine:wave

[ame]https://youtu.be/zYrYrRvxcF4[/ame]

If anyones looking for this I have it in my WTS thread, asking what I payed plus shipping, pm me

523442_10151615975148528_638639684_n.jpg

1148908_10151615975168528_1553746202_n.jpg

45632_10151615975218528_1349838506_n.jpg

1096958_10151615975243528_2120079184_o.jpg

1146230_10151615975263528_664958915_o.jpg

decided to get both of them

My Snake Eyes Shipped! Should be here on Tuesday :)

I have to take the stuffing out of those pockets though. It looks like he is smuggling candy into a movie theater or something lol.

Didn't SE use the sai's in the movie? Funny HT did not include it.

I joined the forum because of this figure. Purchased it this weekend, as it's my first HT. The detail on this figure is amazing. I can't even begin how the logistics are thought of for creating every seam, stitch, bend etc. Even my wife was really impressed and went on about how real it looks. Now I have the hot toys bug and not enough money to purchase everything i want.

Finally got them both.
2cr2il4.jpg

2rwakqq.jpg

Last edited:

How is it that the movie came out just this year and yet Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are already available? Where as others such as the Marvel films, Man of Steel take over a year to be released?

How is it that the movie came out just this year and yet Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are already available? Where as others such as the Marvel films, Man of Steel take over a year to be released?

i believe the movie was supposed to come out last year but got delayed. So the production was already set in motion.

i believe the movie was supposed to come out last year but got delayed. So the production was already set in motion.

Yep, that's true. The movie was completely shot and ready for release, but they wanted to have it in 3d. :slap

They must really like GI JOE. They pretty much came out with no delays and on time.

The most probable reason behind the Retaliation figures' on time release is because of the movie's delay. It's possible that Hot Toys already had Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow protos developed by the time the movie was originally scheduled for theatrical release in summer of 2012. The months-long delay had its benefit on the figures, at least for SS, SE, and Colton.

Got my Snake Eyes today. Overall he is pretty cool but man the body mine came on is crap.

-Loose hands
-Loose ankles
-Loose neck adapter

I had to swap out the wrist pegs with some spare Batman ones I had. Wrapped the foot pegs in plastic. I had to crack open the neck adapter and remove the plugs and replace them with ones from an old adapter I had.

Now he is pretty awesome after my fixes, but none of this is stuff I should have had to do out of the box. Everyday Hot Toys is becoming less appealing to me.

Just picked this figure up from a board member and I'm impressed. I was surprised at how light he was considering the armour on him. I might just have to get Storm Shadow now.

Got my Snake Eyes today. Overall he is pretty cool but man the body mine came on is crap.

-Loose hands
-Loose ankles
-Loose neck adapter

I had to swap out the wrist pegs with some spare Batman ones I had. Wrapped the foot pegs in plastic. I had to crack open the neck adapter and remove the plugs and replace them with ones from an old adapter I had.

Now he is pretty awesome after my fixes, but none of this is stuff I should have had to do out of the box. Everyday Hot Toys is becoming less appealing to me.
Mine is quite tight, with the exception of the ankles, but numerous elements seem to be either improperly assembled or in the process of falling apart.

To wit:

- Velcro tabs on the front of the body armour are pulling off (adhesive failing),

- Pistol won't really stay in the holster because one of the tabs holding it together is loose

- Loose threads that appear to be the result of fraying running underneath the zippered sections of the trousers

- One of the vambraces has unfinished stitching on the wrist-strap

- Stitching on the right-sleeve of the "arming shirt" is unfinished

- One of the elastic cords on the front of the shirt is sewn on crookedly

- Right-side shoulder-guard is partially detached from the strap holding it to the body armour (adhesive again, apparently)

- Bottom left-side strap of the back-pack seems to have worked itself free of its grommet.

My dealer informs me he's contacted Sideshow over it, but I've yet to hear back from them.

Back