Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I just opened mine today and while this is my first Hot Toys figure, I have to say I am disappointed with the quality control on the hands/pegs. Snake Eyes' right hand peg will not stay put in his arm. Is this common with HT? Is there a course of action I can take to get another body from HT? I purchased mine through Sideshow so I don't know if I should go through them first. Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I just opened mine today and while this is my first Hot Toys figure, I have to say I am disappointed with the quality control on the hands/pegs. Snake Eyes' right hand peg will not stay put in his arm. Is this common with HT? Is there a course of action I can take to get another body from HT? I purchased mine through Sideshow so I don't know if I should go through them first. Any input would be appreciated.

It's not a quality controld issue. It's an issue with the cut/make of the gloved hands. A new body or new hands will not solve this issue. Push them in and deal with it the best you can or return the whole figure for a full refund to Sideshow. DX12 had this same issue, so it is not common, but does happen with larger cuffed glove hands.

Put some tape on it, easy. ;)

I have the same problem keeping his hands on and his head comes off easily too :p

Yeah, the head coming off is weird. :lol

The head comes off? WTF :lol

I'm still picking mine up, I hope BBTS gets it soon.

Out for delivery:panic::panic::panic:

just got mine of this past wednesday. looks amazing. the hands are a bit tricky, but if you apply enough constant force and pressure for a few seconds it'll stick. it took me a few minutes to get it right but you just got to be patient. it'll hold fine. besides that, great great figure very happy with the results. still hoping we get cobra commander from the movie.

I keep reading the exact same thing from a lot
of people that purchased this figure. Sure enough,
mine was the exact same way. (his left hand fell off
very easily.) Upon removing the left hand and looking
closely at the peg, the ridges were very smooth and
not as prominent as they normally are. I swapped it
out with one of the extra included wrist pegs and it
works perfectly and stays in tightly. I'm not sure what's
wrong with the wrist pegs that are attached to Snake Eyes
in the box, but I suggest swapping them.

Oh, and I had commented earlier that Snake Eyes appeared
to be shorter than the average Hot Toys figure, which I though
made it that much cooler. (I based this idea on a photo that
someone posted of Snake Eyes standing back to back with
an Iron Man figure.) Sadly, his height is pretty much on par
with every "normal sized" figure. Oh well... I still absolutely
love it! :)

elrk.jpg

What a sexy figure. I love this thing. Great design.

loose hand pegs too when I first opened the box but it hasn't been a problem since I swapped out the fists to hold the sword. But anyway, I don't even care about any other figures I got this year after getting this guy. He just looks so awesome.
photo_zps181a63c4.jpg

He finally arrived today. Thought the FedEx guy was never gonna arrive lol. :D
Not had chance to sort out a pose yet but here's pic regardless
20130705_221924_zps2b5a5a9b.jpg

:cool:

Great figure. Always my favorite Joe. I have the same gripes with the hand pegs and one of the shoulder pads fell off immediately but both easy fixes. Love the metal sword.

I got mine Wednesday. I love it. Quick review: it's awesome!!!

Here is a quick pic. I'm still working out my display pose.

1372981790_zps5fcca1aa.jpg

Having the figure in hand, I really hope HT ditched Colton for a Cobra Commander. :drool

Me too. I really liked the look of CC in the movie.

Super cool pics of this figure, but man, I finally got around to watching this movie last night. What a stinker, almost worse than the first one. Prolly just me though.

Me liking the flick was going to be my deciding factor on if I tried to snag this or not. Looks like I am just going to have to enjoy everyone's pics instead.

Back