Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I liked the movie more than the first but was still kind of disappointed with certain aspects. Cobra was done well but the Joes still kinda meh. Won't spoil anything, but I'll just say that for me, the SE and SS parts were the best and I would love HT to make a Jinx figure

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I liked the movie more than the first but was still kind of disappointed with certain aspects. Cobra was done well but the Joes still kinda meh. Won't spoil anything, but I'll just say that for me, the SE and SS parts were the best and I would love HT to make a Jinx figure

I'd love to see Jinx made as well, but I have a feeling it will never happen :monkey2

Too bad cause I think it would be one of the better sellers from the movie.

I'd love to see Jinx made as well, but I have a feeling it will never happen :monkey2

Too bad cause I think it would be one of the better sellers from the movie.

I agree I think she would be a great seller with 2-3 sculpts and possibly a second outfit.

I agree I think she would be a great seller with 2-3 sculpts and possibly a second outfit.

Could you imagine an 80s head with outfit included? People would go nuts for this. I know it can't happen cause SSC holds the non movie Joe license, but I can always dream.

After seeing the movie, I'm glad to pass on any figure representing it. Saves me money.

Just saw it. I was entertained for the hour and a half and that's all I can ask for.

It wasn't the best movie ever but it was far far far from ghost rider spirit of vengeance.

Just saw it. I was entertained for the hour and a half and that's all I can ask for.

It wasn't the best movie ever but it was far far far from ghost rider spirit of vengeance.
Just came back from seeing it and I agree. It was far from perfect (though, going by the scenes playing over the end credits, an enormous amount of film was cut from the theatrical release, which probably accounts for some of the uneveness), and there were quite a few things I would have done differently, but it didn't go out of its way to actively offend me like the first film, there were numerous genuinely good moments, and there was never any doubt at any point that it was a G.I. Joe movie.

Also, Walt Goggins' prison warden character totally saves the world. :p

I was semi-interested in this figure but idk now.
The movie was arguably worse than the firstone.

I saw the movie last night and I really enjoyed it actually.

Keep in mind that I'm not a die-hard G.I. Joe fan; I had a bunch of the toys when I was a kid and I used to watch the cartoon when it was aired here.

Anyway, I thought it was a fun film overall. Sure it won't win awards for story and acting, but the action and characters were fun and I liked the designs of the costumes and vehicles. At least they looked more like the G.I. Joe toys and stuff.

I'm quite interested in this figure again, as well as Storm Shadow because both were awesome!! :rock

Film was alright in general. Waaay better then the first tho. Damn you Hot Toys for not making Jinx and the Commander :gah:

The mountain scenes were well done (3D), I thought the ninja storyline was the weakest part of the film. Not really interested in any HT characters from the film even tho the first two look amazing

The movie is bad...its dumb,plotless,all over the place,with terrible costumes(the joes are unrecognizable),FORGETABLE and serves to the lowest common denominator

I just don't know how you can kill off Duke (even though Tatum is playing him). You'd think that an ensemble cast of paramilitary do-gooders fighting a global terrorist organization would be easy to pull off. But in the first film they added a bunch of nonsense plot points (the entire Duke/Baroness storyline) and what you get is even dumber than a truer film adaptation of the cartoon would have been.

The villains are evil and the Joes are there to thwart them; what more is there? It really should be that simple.

And although I haven't seen the sequal (I will though) it just pisses me off that they chose to kill off Duke and somehow Roadblock becomes top Joe. It's just a vehicle for the Rock. Also, we shouldn't see Firefly's face and what a waste of Zartan. I've read tons and tons of Joe comics over the years and it's frustrating when a comic writer has an easier time finding the tone of the GIJoe world than the films do.

Should they be totally serious? No. But it's funny, when I think about a Joe movie, I picture the Sideshow figures. Quasi real world soldiers fighting a insane (both mentally and in scope) terrorist group trying to dominate the world.

I mean picture SS Zartan taking out a squadron on Joes in the jungle somewhere; taking them out with his bow or skinning knife, an evil smile on his face. Sure he looks rediculous, but his wild getup just makes it that much more believable that he's a crazed mercenary that gets off on merciless killing. I've given it a lot of thought. And while I know that because I'm older my sensibilities are different, most fans of the original cartoon are closer to my age and have more love for Joe lore than the kids that the 2 movies seem to be aimed for do. I just don't see why they can't pay homage to the comics and cartoon and not embellish on 3 decades (or more) of material just to make it more "digestible" to audiences, who if they were unfamiliar with the Joes storyline going in, wouldn't know the difference anyway.

The movie is bad...its dumb,plotless,all over the place,with terrible costumes(the joes are unrecognizable),FORGETABLE and serves to the lowest common denominator
...But enough said about the videorecording of your last birthday party. :p

I just don't know how you can kill off Duke (even though Tatum is playing him). You'd think that an ensemble cast of paramilitary do-gooders fighting a global terrorist organization would be easy to pull off. But in the first film they added a bunch of nonsense plot points (the entire Duke/Baroness storyline) and what you get is even dumber than a truer film adaptation of the cartoon would have been.

The villains are evil and the Joes are there to thwart them; what more is there? It really should be that simple.

And although I haven't seen the sequal (I will though) it just pisses me off that they chose to kill off Duke and somehow Roadblock becomes top Joe. It's just a vehicle for the Rock. Also, we shouldn't see Firefly's face and what a waste of Zartan. I've read tons and tons of Joe comics over the years and it's frustrating when a comic writer has an easier time finding the tone of the GIJoe world than the films do.

Should they be totally serious? No. But it's funny, when I think about a Joe movie, I picture the Sideshow figures. Quasi real world soldiers fighting a insane (both mentally and in scope) terrorist group trying to dominate the world.

I mean picture SS Zartan taking out a squadron on Joes in the jungle somewhere; taking them out with his bow or skinning knife, an evil smile on his face. Sure he looks rediculous, but his wild getup just makes it that much more believable that he's a crazed mercenary that gets off on merciless killing. I've given it a lot of thought. And while I know that because I'm older my sensibilities are different, most fans of the original cartoon are closer to my age and have more love for Joe lore than the kids that the 2 movies seem to be aimed for do. I just don't see why they can't pay homage to the comics and cartoon and not embellish on 3 decades (or more) of material just to make it more "digestible" to audiences, who if they were unfamiliar with the Joes storyline going in, wouldn't know the difference anyway.

:goodpost::clap

Very well said! This is EXACTLY how I feel about the movies. While I do enjoy them for what they are, you sum up my feelings all to well!

Eh. I saw it today and I enjoyed it. Much more respectful of the source material, imo.

Back