1/6 Hot Toys : "Fugitive" Predator (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Elder Predator from AVP1 is so popular to make several versions of? It will most likely sell.

All of the 1.0 Predator figures and some of the 2.0 were all done before HT was pumping out MCU and Star Wars figures left and right. Scar, Celtic and Ancient 2.0 were part of the last batch of 2.0 Predators to release before HT really took off with the MCU and Star Wars licenses, which is probably why AvP Elder 2.0 came out a couple of years later from the other 2.0 figures being that they were busy with the two aforementioned licenses. He was probably fit in in between simply to complete the AvP 2.0 treatment that they had already started before they devoted themselves to the MCU and Star Wars, though you’d think they’d do the same with Chopper and in fact, would have done Chopper before Elder. Had they not already done the other 2.0 AvP figures, I don’t think AvP Elder 2.0 would have seen the light of day now. Or at least wouldn’t be a high priority.

I initially wanted to get Fugitive to complete my one-Predator-per-film collection, but I’ve since changed my mind after viewing some of the film a second time. The film ranks at the bottom for me of all the Predator films (including AvPR), and I don’t really feel Fugitive was all that memorable. Though granted, the best parts of the film to me all involved him and after he got killed about halfway through, the film is pretty much unwatchable from there.

I doubt he'll get made, like, at all. Fugitive = the Mandarin of Predator franchise. A shock factor in latest movie and that's it. It's funny to see Mandarin figure from HT but no Killian at all though.

In fact, they should release alternate cut with Fugitive replacing all role of that dumb Pred hound and Olivia (don't bother remembering her name) at the end battle. It'll made much more sense that way. Better than try explaining how that dog just appear out of blue and how Olivia can run 120 kmph to crash site. Pfff....

At least they can sell Fugitive with that. But nope. Let's kill him halfway of the movie. What'll help our hero? A dumb dog. Who's the main villain from now? A guy who got only 2 pages in an official artbook with no setails whatsoever. That's who. Oh, my...

So what's the future of this property looking like with HT anyway?

After Wolf, there's really no clear (or profitable at that) 2.0's left to do besides the OG.

I still remember that photo HT put up on their FB teasing future 1/6th and 1/4th releases.

That's nonsense. Perhaps you haven't watched AVPR in a long time and have rose tinted glasses by Wolf 2.0. Or maybe you consider teen dramedy and teens killing xenomorphs acceptable storytelling. :rotfl

That's nonsense. Perhaps you haven't watched AVPR in a long time and have rose tinted glasses by Wolf 2.0. Or maybe you consider teen dramedy and teens killing xenomorphs good storytelling. :rotfl
Nope. I stand by my choice. All i care for is a great representation of the predator. And "The predator"didnt give me one.
Pred hounds design sucked!
Emmisary predators wearing cami fatigues and pads? ..Lmao
the only thumbs up i give this movie is that it had great lighting as opposed to AVPR [emoji23]
Shane black made it seem like he was going to onock it out of the park and sadly he didnt for me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree.

I actually give credit to the AVP and AVPR movies in hindsight in that they were solely focused on being clinical movies albeit being entirely fan-service. Sure, the story wasn't interesting at all and the plot wasn't anymore of a vehicle for the Predator and Alien to have at each other's throats, but it tried in areas to be creative; especially in terms of respecting the lore of both properties.

The Predator has no respect for the universe and I was audibly shocked at how terrible it was from script, technical film-making, costumes etc. I don't think there's one redeemable thing about that movie. If anything, my biggest hope for the release of this movie was that it might have given HT a kick to make predators again, but alas.

What's even more shocking to me was what Shane Black's first script/draft of the movie was.

I came away from it thinking that Shane Black must have a pretty low opinion of the original. Really couldn't believe this was how he deemed to follow it up.

I came away from it thinking that Shane Black must have a pretty low opinion of the original. Really couldn't believe this was how he deemed to follow it up.

Amen. Homeboy was literally making fun of the whole thing. Starting from the characters questioning the Predator name to, well, everything in-between, to the freaking ironman conclusion. Damn. Need to puke again.

EgyVTXN.jpg

Billy! Billy! The other day I was going down on my girlfriend and she says to me, "Jeez, you made a bad movie. Jeeze you made a bad movie."
I said, "Why'd you say it twice?"
And she said, "It's worth repeating."

EgyVTXN.jpg

Billy! Billy! The other day I was going down on my girlfriend and she says to me, "Jeez, you made a bad movie. Jeeze you made a bad movie."

Hahaha

Nope. I stand by my choice. All i care for is a great representation of the predator. And "The predator"didnt give me one.
Pred hounds design sucked!
Emmisary predators wearing cami fatigues and pads? ..Lmao
the only thumbs up i give this movie is that it had great lighting as opposed to AVPR [emoji23]
Shane black made it seem like he was going to onock it out of the park and sadly he didnt for me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree. AvPR to me is better than P2018, or should I say more watchable at least, and AvP is my third favorite Predator film. AvPR I can watch on occasion, maybe like once or twice a year (once on my own volition and then twice if it happens to be on TV); P2018 I don’t think I’ll ever watch again no matter what.

Amen. Homeboy was literally making fun of the whole thing. Starting from the characters questioning the Predator name to, well, everything in-between, to the freaking ironman conclusion. Damn. Need to puke again.

I remember saying it’d probably be the third best film in the franchise, and would at the least be on par with Predators. Boy, was I wrong. :lol

I'd watch AvP:R right now if I had it. It's been years.

Yeah, a total parody, zero tension. Might aswell have been from the makers of American Pie.

EgyVTXN.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Back