Hot Toys ESB FETT tips tricks and other cool mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few other mods i made was repainting and weathering the jet pack and adding the six small holes around the top of the rocket. I was going to use the SS version as i prefer the size and the bulk of it more...but it still has more inaccuracies than the HT version.
I also used the SS pouches on the ammo belt as the HT ones looked a tad too big...

DSC_0248.JPGDSC_0244.JPGDSC_0235.JPGDSC_0236.JPGDSC_0239.JPGDSC_0237.JPG

Thanks for the compliments everyone:duff

Here' the Marmit gloves which i fitted with cut-down SS pegs...the sculpt is a little on the soft side but i like the shape and color more than HT. Need to weather them up a little though...

DSC_0017.JPGDSC_0325.JPG

Customized Marmit/SS Helmet comparison with HT...Leaving scale and paint apps to one side for me Medicom is still the best shaped "out of the box" bucket...Marmit gets second...Both HT and SS are a disappointing mess...

DSC_0135.JPG

I've been modding the HT fett for a while to try and get it to look a little more pleasing to my eye. First off i've never liked the helmet and it's just as inaccurate as the SS version...the shape is awful and it's over scaled..color too is off...

So i made a new helmet using the old Marmit and parts from the SS version...then painted and weathered. I also re-painted and weathered the armor to try and get something closer to the original prop...not perfect but i'm happy enough with the results:)View attachment 465959

Beautiful work, matrix!
I still haven't started work on my HT Boba, and I already feel I need to get some marmit pieces before I start... :lol
And good call on the pouches, the size of the HT is bothering me quite a bit.

Customized Marmit/SS Helmet comparison with HT...Leaving scale and paint apps to one side for me Medicom is still the best shaped "out of the box" bucket...Marmit gets second...Both HT and SS are a disappointing mess...

View attachment 466094

Looks great Matrix - so that's a repainted Marmit bucket with the Sideshow side strip added?

Here' the Marmit gloves which i fitted with cut-down SS pegs...the sculpt is a little on the soft side but i like the shape and color more than HT. Need to weather them up a little though...

View attachment 466096View attachment 466095

View attachment 466094

Oh, Matrix, you wily devil...you think I wouldn?t see this?? Lol, kidding. Looks phenomenal. I?ve been quietly getting multiple versions of Boba Fett together from various sourced parts.

First, I LOVE you incorporating the Marmit gloves. They?re vastly superior to everything but the Medicom V2.

Second, WILD idea to carve up the Marmit and the Sideshow helmets. The Medicom is pleasing to the eye, but underscaled. The Marmit has always been a favorite of mine, but the material just sucks to work with. Modifying it with the back panels from the Sideshow will help it maintain its rigidity. Excellent.

The improvements to the rifle especially, braids and paint are spectacular. Just splendid work.

The gauntlet work is insane. I?ve found myself having to extensively modify the left gauntlet, incorporating the Sideshow Prototype flame thrower attachment to a Hot Toys base to replicate the gauntlet used on the first prototype suit.

While I understand your gripe with the Hot Toys hip pockets, it?s really important that they keep their squared shape. I think the Medicom pockets are a little soft. I?ve retained the Hot Toys pockets on mine. If I were to swap them out, though, for size, I?d use the Medicom V2.

I have a secret 1/6 helmet project I?m working on, but it?s not ready yet.

Overall, just excellent work. And don?t think I didn?t see the repaint of the jet pack straps. I?ve done a few of those, myself, using straps from Sideshow, including the silver clips (the only company to get it right).

Anyways, cheers. I?ll post pics soon. But you?re a constant inspiration. Please continue to innovate and share!

There's not a whole lot of reference pics to go by but i made some better looking wookie scalps for my pre-pro fett...again i used bits from HT and Hasbro with added Mohair for the tassels...

I still need to paint the two wee gold beads as they look a little too christmasy:)

DSC_0107 (2).JPGNmBv6yB.jpg

I decided to go with the Marmit jumpsuit for the pre-pro as i like it's color and overall fit...still might try rework the stitching on the pockets though..

The vest is Medicom with added cut-down/repainted/weathered SS and Marmit plates...The rest is all SS and HT...

It still needs some tweaking but i'm happy with how it's looking...

DSC_0115.JPGDSC_0117.JPGDSC_0121.JPGDSC_0124.JPG

Inspired by your recent work matrix, I finally started customizing my spare helmet. I bought the deluxe just for customizing fun, to see if I can make the helmet more accurate, most importantly the visor.

So far, the only thing I did was move the ears a couple of mm further to the front. Comparing it to the screenshot below (despite slightly different angle and likely aperture), you can see how far off it still is however. I was hoping that I would not have to resculpt the cheeks, but it's starting to look like I have to. I have no idea if this will lead anywhere, but at least I'm having fun doing it. ;)

IMG_0616_small.jpg

IMG_0621_small.jpg

Boba Fett helmet comparison2.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your progress agonistes86...but the HT bucket has so much wrong with it that it would easier to sculpt one from scratch.

Has anyone picked up a 1/6 or 1/4 fett helmet from Shapeways? Was wondering what the quality is like...

Looking forward to seeing your progress agonistes86...but the HT bucket has so much wrong with it that it would easier to sculpt one from scratch.

Has anyone picked up a 1/6 or 1/4 fett helmet from Shapeways? Was wondering what the quality is like...

I haven?t gotten a helmet, but I?ve gotten some small pre-pro parts, shin tools, and chin cup for the helmet, and everything looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it's better than that 1/6 stunt stormie ANH helmet that Solo_Bones used as the basis for his custom stormie helmet. I spent weeks cleaning up what he sent me and you could still see remnants of the printer lines in places.

Matrix, I?ve purchased several. They were created by a friend of mine on TDH. They?re VERY hard to work with, for several reasons. One, the scan lines are atrocious, and the material they?re made from is very difficult to sand down without significant loss of detail.

Second, the helmets were originally a full size helmet. The scaled versions are simply shrunken down. That means that the super fine details on the helmets are scaled correctly, meaning they?re very, very fine and delicate. That?s the real crux. They?re all super delicate (and expensive).

I bought the 1/4 scale shapeways helmet for my HT. I bought it in the cheapest material because I wanted to check the scale... Its a nice shape, but the printing lines are pretty substantial and its a little small for the HT. In the description it says its intended to replace the SS PF (which evidently is just a taste smaller). I'm considering reaching out to the modeler and asking if he could scale it up just a bit.

Taking some pictures to share...

Back