1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

A Must-get but that head sculpt is definitely not one of their better ones...

I agree about the sculpt, but maybe it will improve. The qui gon that released today is great. Snow speeder luke needs work too. At least we got lando. I thought we would have to riot in streets in order to get him. I have a spring in my step today. So happy

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

I agree about the sculpt, but maybe it will improve. The qui gon that released today is great. Snow speeder luke needs work too. At least we got lando. I thought we would have to riot in streets in order to get him. I have a spring in my step today. So happy

Yeah, Qui-Gon proto wasn't great but the final product looks way better imo. Every wanted Lando and complained, we're getting Lando, now everyone can continue complaining about it in a different way.

Also
We need a bespin escape leia thread. Can someone start one? My phone isn?t letting me insert pics for some reason.
We have to let hot toys know we want her.

Looks great! Anything from ESB is very hard to pass up.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Also
We need a bespin escape leia thread. Can someone start one? My phone isn?t letting me insert pics for some reason.

Yeah let's start one so we can never see her again for 3 years :lol

Also

2f091eb0c520797188638dc708c66997.jpg

Hey
I?m an addict and need help.

matt.jpg

I'm excited for this too

Wow, what a surprise! Saw it in a Big Chief Studios email just now!

I think the sculpt is pretty good, but I do have to question the smirk/smile in general. You can see how awkward he looks with a smile in a more serious scene, like in the shots with him and Boba, with Vader, and giving the blaster to Leia. However, by himself, I think the smile works for the character of Lando.

It's a pass for me though. I'm just waiting for Bespin Han!

Bespin Escape Leia is an absolute no-brainer for the 40th anniversary line. Easy re-use of parts, plenty of figures for her to go with, and no Leias currently on pre-order. I'd have preferred Boushh Leia, Slave Leia, or even Ewok Village Leia myself, but I'll take whatever OT Leias I can get. The ESB line-up is shaping up really nicely now, a pre-order on ESB Han would be the cherry on top.

Likeness isn't that bad imo.

Teeth would have looked goofy, and a smile.....well we all know about Ruddgate !

I'm fine with this.

View attachment 495493

Yeah, it looks pretty good to me. They made his mustache a tad fuller than BDW's actually was, which I think throws it off just a bit. But at 1/6 scale I can't see that being noticeable...

Excited as well though, knowing HT, we can be years away from PO... if she ever gets one. She'd make for an excellent con exclusive.

Isn?t there another online comic con in October? Maybe this will be an exclusive? Or there isn?t a con and I am imagining things...

Bespin Escape Leia is an absolute no-brainer for the 40th anniversary line. Easy re-use of parts, plenty of figures for her to go with, and no Leias currently on pre-order. I'd have preferred Boushh Leia, Slave Leia, or even Ewok Village Leia myself, but I'll take whatever OT Leias I can get. The ESB line-up is shaping up really nicely now, a pre-order on ESB Han would be the cherry on top.

I think I'd only consider that one if they changed the sculpt, as I don't think I could bare to have yet another Leia with the same reused head.

Isn?t there another online comic con in October? Maybe this will be an exclusive? Or there isn?t a con and I am imagining things...

I hope she isn't a con exclusive, they are just way too expensive for me.

I think I'd only consider that one if they changed the sculpt, as I don't think I could bare to have yet another Leia with the same reused head.

I'm in the same boat. I've got Hoth Leia displayed with Han/Luke Hoth on Tauntauns and Bespin Leia with my Sideshow placeholder Han and Lando. Don't need a Bespin escape Leia... As others have mentioned, it'd be an ideal Con exclusive...

Uhh...Lando never had bell bottoms...or you don't' know what bell bottoms really are.....

View attachment 495513

OK, I was overemphasizing the lack of flared pant leg on HT Lando... but he didn't have pegged legs. Lando is very 70's Disco. As always, just watch the movie...

Lando pants comp.jpg

E79567E5-8C42-4A25-A0AF-E730EED79381.jpeg

Not that I *don't* want the pants to match but I would have been even more disappointed if they neglected the platform shoes so I'm happy that they at least got those right.

Back