1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Hot Toys Aliens Figures?

I'm getting every single Ripley they make. It's the only way to be sure.

*Except for Resurrection, can't really imagine myself spending valuable cashola on anything from that fun but unnecessary film.

*Except for Resurrection, can't really imagine myself spending valuable cashola on anything from that fun but unnecessary film.

Kane with extra robot HS? New spacesuited(cloth) figures? Impossible to resist!

A decent Nostromo stand, Jones in his carry case and the flamethrower plus motion tracker. Alien Ripley DX figure. :drool

Kane with extra robot HS? New spacesuited(cloth) figures? Impossible to resist!

Hell, yes. I really hope they pursue at least a couple other characters from the first film. Dallas and Kane would be great. Kane could even have an egg base, that'd be a terrific addition. And new Aliens. Pretty please with a cherry on top. Our heroes need something to fight.

Hoping we get Colonial Marines as well. Lately I've been considering other items out there (the Lord of Darkness 1/3 statue, the Sideshow Court of the Dead, the Alien LSBs), but after this announcement I know what I'm focusing on. This is top priority. All other priorities rescinded. There simply haven't been any good 1/6 Alien/Aliens figures in recent years. These could be THE definitive solutions to that problem.

Alien Ripley is a must for me.
Aliens Ripley would be a nice to have at best. Now let's hope they give Ripley and appropriately tall and slender body...

Mercifully, those shocking-sounding Alien films that were proposed after Aliens never happened.

(There was a workprint of Alien 3, but thankfully it was never finished)

:D

.....I wonder could these be NECA 2ups?

It'd be very strange to see them near Hot Toys stuff but.....

This is why I am tempering all expectations. With NECA and HCG doing powerloaders, if hot toys jumps in with 2.0 I think we are close to market saturation on loaders. As for keeping Ripley the worlds greatest secret, ...I don't know. I sorta think Hot Toys would have not let NECA revel in all the glory since Toy Fair. Something would have leaked. No? Unless their plan was to blow NECA clean out of the water at SDCC (which is what they will effectively do if true).

I don't see a Newt in the pic. Where are ppl looking?

I don't see a Newt in the pic. Where are ppl looking?

attachment.php

Lying down beside the 'Aliens' Ripley. Between her and the standing 'Alien' version. Something short, brown-shirted with some muddy green overalls, and blonde hair.

Aliens, I've come to accept over the years, is simply my preferred film.
:rolleyes2

I'd kill for a Resurrection Ripley. Love her outfit and nail polish color in that movie.

An Aliens version believe it or not is the one I'm least interested in of the quadrilogy. Simply because I hate her hairdo and clothing. :monkey4

This is why I am tempering all expectations. With NECA and HCG doing powerloaders, if hot toys jumps in with 2.0 I think we are close to market saturation on loaders. As for keeping Ripley the worlds greatest secret, ...I don't know. I sorta think Hot Toys would have not let NECA revel in all the glory since Toy Fair. Something would have leaked. No? Unless their plan was to blow NECA clean out of the water at SDCC (which is what they will effectively do if true).

I don't think NECA has to worry, even if Hot Toys does the Power Loader and Ripley, etc...

Both are extremely different price points, and while some collectors may cross over to both (I do love me some good looking Neca!), there are loads of people who are all good with just grabbing an Alien or Predator figure for $20 instead of $200.

That said, these are definitely Hot Toys Ripley figures...there's almost zero question. They're right by the new Hall of Armors display, and look to be one of those "Didn't see THIS coming, did ya!" surprises that happen every so often.

Not sure what I'll do if they show Ripley from the first film. Aliens, I've come to accept over the years, is simply my preferred film. A fully realised and ''deployed'' likeness of her from that film would be my first choice. But that's not to say an Alien version of her wouldn't be tempting if it nailed the likeness. Damn.....

ALIENS is also my preferred film, hell, I prefer it over almost every other film in existence. I'm excited to see figures from the first movie but will only be tempted to buy those from the second.

Don't be surprised if a flamethrower is not included. Sigourney Weaver only grants her likeness rights if there are no weapons with the figure/collectible.

Shortly after the Ripley annoucenemt, Hot Toys will announce their brand new, completely independent from Aliens, 1/6 Flamethrower line! :lol

attachment.php

Lying down beside the 'Aliens' Ripley. Between her and the standing 'Alien' version. Something short, brown-shirted with some muddy green overalls, and blonde hair.

Hmmm...that could either be Newt's hair or Jones with an arched back like he's hissing.

Back