1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diecast power loader would sell like crazy, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I will probly get the plastic one if they rerelease it tho, I always wanted it but could never find a decent price in the aftermarket.

Diecast power loader would sell like crazy, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I will probly get the plastic one if they rerelease it tho, I always wanted it but could never find a decent price in the aftermarket.

If anything die cast would make it too expensive for most... and too heavy for some shelves. :lol

Plastic is probably they way they would go... and I hope, they will go. :)

If anything die cast would make it too expensive for most... and too heavy for some shelves. :lol

Plastic is probably they way they would go... and I hope, they will go. :)

You make some good points here that I hadn't really thought about, I was just thinking how cool a metal power loader would be, I would definitely be good with just an updated plastic one.

I think if they do power loader, they'd do a stand alone Ripley. Just a few tweaks and accessories and it'd be an easy re-release for them. The original figures weapons were great so they could even use those if the molds still exist.
Or maybe they will include them with the power loader version to sell more of that.
I just want it to happen somehow!

I'm in if they release just the figure. I can't say I have any desire to own the power loader though. The NECA one battling the queen MORE than scratches that itch.

As for possible pulse rifle improvements along with the figure, it is a long shot, but there IS room for improvement:
-There were subtle differences especially around the 'vent' in how they looked in the film and how they look after "re-assembly/restoration" today. The original hot toys weapons ARE great, but they took more features from the 'reassembled' pulse rifles as they look now rather than how they looked in the film.
-The counters were the wrong color
-The hot toys rifle included 'plates' in the mold as if it was holding the two halves of the shroud together, but those weren't on the originals either. They were added only to the replacement 'vac-formed' shrouds used in Alien3. The original aluminum shrouds didn't need those plates.
-The slings were just terrible on the originals. Not accurate to anything and plain awful.

So they could go back to the drawing board if they really wanted... would be a blessing and a curse because I would freak out and need 8 of the new ones.

I think you know better than to expect that kind of accuracy from Hot Toys. They don't care what it was like in the film, if that's not the reference they're given it's not the reference they'll use. Their 1:4 ''T1'' endoskeleton is a prime example of their complete disregard for what the subject actually looked like in the movie.

I think you know better than to expect that kind of accuracy from Hot Toys. They don't care what it was like in the film, if that's not the reference they're given it's not the reference they'll use. Their 1:4 ''T1'' endoskeleton is a prime example of their complete disregard for what the subject actually looked like in the movie.

but i'd bet all of their Iron Man suits are really accurate down to small details.... :D Alien, Predator, Terminator obviously aren't their main 'let's do this line right' franchises....

Yeah... -sigh-
Just as well I guess...

Back