Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep might have to steal this one.

Someone else had him jumping off the speeder, but this pose is just a half second earlier.

Perhaps easier to pose too ?

Is that leg pulled out of its socket in the boot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9b89f5c77120552ba701641df67c39d0.jpg

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Ray-Park-2611.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to admit, seeing how cool this figure looks in hand makes me more tempted to order the Solo Maul now as well. Especially since that one already looked a bit cooler to start with...

I no longer have the SS Maul but I have to admit that I remember feeling more impressed by that figure straight out of the box.

Obviously the HT has loads more accessories and the bike looks great, but just the figure itself looks a bit odd with the hunched shoulders. The neck is really too short and the magnetic head is really problematic since there?s not any easy fix.

I?ll go so far as to say that the SS paint app is more realistic. Not necessarily better but doesn?t have those pronounced lines. Also feel like the tabards above the belt are tricky to futz on HT?s figure. Maybe I?ll pick up the SS again to see if I can mix and match.

Anyone else have crooked saber hilts? Was hoping that wouldn?t be an issue with this. But none of mine are straight.

Interesting to read more reactions coming in and seeing that other folks are liking the figure but not necessarily "wowed"

I also admit to being more impressed by the SSC v2 Maul when I first got it. The HT does have the issues TonTon mentioned with the shoulders and short neck.
Plus I HATE the stand. It just looks cheap. I subbed in a smaller crotch grabber and that doesn't work well either...the rear part of the skirt stick out from the edge of the support. Gotta rethink how I'm going to end up displaying him.

What I am enjoying about the HT DX16 (no bike version) is the new eye system. It makes it easier to change them up....the old PERS was awful and gave the figures a strange sunken-eye look. And while the magnet for the head support is a little precarious at best, but it does allwo for some interesting head positions.

Here's some shots from today:

HT TPM MAUL-007.jpg

And while the stoic portrait is well crafted, it still looks a little off the mark:

HT TPM MAUL-006.jpg

I am enjoying this figure, but I'm keeping my SSC one as well...both are good in their own way.

Great shots, JB. The quality of the fig/materials really comes through in your shots. I?m wondering if there?s a peg at the bottom of the neck that could be extended. Just a few extra mm would go a long way. I?m about to move so won?t be able to check it out for a couple weeks. Starting to box all my figures up.

This is becoming one of my favorite SW figures. Tempted to buy a second body so I can display both head sculpts

Great shots, JB. The quality of the fig/materials really comes through in your shots. I?m wondering if there?s a peg at the bottom of the neck that could be extended. Just a few extra mm would go a long way. I?m about to move so won?t be able to check it out for a couple weeks. Starting to box all my figures up.

The bottom of the neck is just on a ball joint so I'm sure you can pull it up a bit to 'extend' it but I don't think you can swap anything to literally make it longer.

Anyone else have crooked saber hilts? Was hoping that wouldn?t be an issue with this. But none of mine are straight.

I heard about this on FB and also that the blades won't go all the way in the hilt. Guess I should inspect mine. lol

I heard about this on FB and also that the blades won't go all the way in the hilt. Guess I should inspect mine. lol

Yeah definitely look it all over. Idk exactly what to do about it. Live with it I guess lol

I used a lot of force to get the blades in. Seems pretty close.

Back