Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived last week, decided to pose him up for a few photos today.

FUN_6343.jpg

FUN_6356.jpg

FUN_6365-Edit.jpg

FUN_6375-Edit.jpg

Sweet photos. Wonder what's taking KGHobby so long on this one ?
This is the first time out of the previous five I've ordered from them not to arrive before SS shipped their orders. A couple arrived a good few months SS received stock.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So is anyone getting any Mauls from anywhere besides Sideshow? The HT John Wick was just started to be sent by Sideshow and I've already got mine on the way from another vendor, but have been waiting on Maul to come into stock.

So is anyone getting any Mauls from anywhere besides Sideshow? The HT John Wick was just started to be sent by Sideshow and I've already got mine on the way from another vendor, but have been waiting on Maul to come into stock.

Well I'm still waiting for my local store to get there's in. It's usually a hit or miss if they get there HT's before SSC gets them. I had my HT Deadpool 2 weeks before SSC even got theirs out to people

This is the first time out of the previous five I've ordered from them not to arrive before SS shipped their orders. A couple arrived a good few months SS received stock.

I got a response from KGHobby. Only "Special Edition" is shipping now.

I investigated a bit and it appears Sideshow have an "Exclusive Edition" with that mini Emperor Holo figure. This has enabled them to somehow have first shipment. The "Collectors edition without hologram" and presumably all other shops (KG included) will come later apparantly. They mentioned another 4-6 weeks. Which sucks.

So yes, we'll get the "Second Batch" once they've ironed out all the production issues. Would be awesome if they changed the material on the robe. But I doubt it.

I got a response from KGHobby. Only "Special Edition" is shipping now.

I investigated a bit and it appears Sideshow have an "Exclusive Edition" with that mini Emperor Holo figure. This has enabled them to somehow have first shipment. The "Collectors edition without hologram" and presumably all other shops (KG included) will come later apparantly. They mentioned another 4-6 weeks. Which sucks.

So yes, we'll get the "Second Batch" once they've ironed out all the production issues. Would be awesome if they changed the material on the robe. But I doubt it.
Thanks, there's also a lot of political stuff going on there which I thought maybe a reason for the delay.
Sounds a bit selfish asking "Where's my Maul"? When you have a fight for democracy going on.

From Rebelscum -- "i got the maul in today. it looks good. the head sculpt is nice. i didnt take the speeder or any of the lightsabers out of the box. it looks good though. 1 horn was fallen off, i had to reglue it in"

Something to watch out for.

From Rebelscum -- "i got the maul in today. it looks good. the head sculpt is nice. i didnt take the speeder or any of the lightsabers out of the box. it looks good though. 1 horn was fallen off, i had to reglue it in"

Something to watch out for.

Hmm, I had just assumed the horns were part of the whole sculpt and not individually glued on.

So I got an email today from XLShop in Malaysia that my Maul will be shipped any day now.

This perhaps indicates other shops around the globe will be getting their "non special SS" editions for delivery soon.

Can't wait !!

Christ the eyes are a pain in the ass on this guy. Trying to keep the stick in place and not poking a hole in your finger or break the horns off - all while the eyes themselves are finicky - slight move does nothing(?), try pushing a little further annnd BAM his eyes are rolled into the back of his head (sticky system) - rinse/ repeat. :gah:

Back