Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well another tariff on 300 billion worth of Chinese goods means this will seem like a good deal in a year's time.

I hope quality doesn't start to suffer as a result of HT trying to maintain its profit margins since it can't raise prices on the many POs its already made.

Well another tariff on 300 billion worth of Chinese goods means this will seem like a good deal in a year's time.

I hope quality doesn't start to suffer as a result of HT trying to maintain its profit margins since it can't raise prices on the many POs its already made.

I don’t think any of us need to worry because Maul is our last HT then everyone is pretty much out of the game….Right??? :wink1:

Just watched the evening news and they specifically stated Trump's Chinese tariff includes toys. This expense will 100% be passed onto customers. I'd expect HT figures to increase at least an extra $20 overnight.

Just watched the evening news and they specifically stated Trump's Chinese tariff includes toys. This expense will 100% be passed onto customers. I'd expect HT figures to increase at least an extra $20 overnight.

Right, but that will be a SS problem, not Hot Toys. Well, and our problem -- they are saying %25.

In my opinion you can always top the copper top. Duricell batteries are the worst I feel. I always use Energizer (no more slogans but i wanna) they never leak and last longer imo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any promo codes I can use to try to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received this figure last weekend (non-speeder version) and finally had a chance to take it out of the box. I was half expecting to be disappointed with it so I could sell it off (and avoid building out a Star Wars shelf), but it's a pretty great figure, and there are a bunch of posing options between the different sabers, blades, and hand sculpts. The plain head sculpt looks pretty good, though I can see that it doesn't have a perfect likeness to Ray Park. However, from an angle, it's harder to tell; and the movable eyes allow for a lot more realism. The screaming head sculpt actually looks really nice in person despite the promo images, and I appreciate HT going with an overly expressive sculpt. I just don't think I'll ever use it, though I'll certainly try to find a free-standing pose that suits it.

Did anyone else remove the little pleather wraps under the gauntlets? I tried to leave them on, but it was a struggle swapping the hands with them on. They also moved with the hand, which limited articulation (and my wrist poses would snap back). Plus, I can imagine will be a nightmare down the road once they start peeling. As it is, it's a bit unsightly if I don't slide the gauntlets down to the hand to cover the wrist peg, but I feel like it works better without the pleather pieces there at all.

Back