Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D9C88F57-A870-4639-9482-6F734C4476F2.jpg

To stoke more fire on the debate, I couldn't resist making a comparison of these two headshots from KyloRen (HT) and RogueRunner (SS)

KyloRen v RogueRunner COMP 7-2-19.jpg

I do think the HT looks more generic... whereas the SS has a larger nose and semi-pursed lips that make it appear more realistic to human asymmetry. Whether either looks like Park is questionable... but SS is closer to a man-in-paint.

Last edited:
Finally arrived.
521c2d55d18308d9555997cebd89e7ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Very nice shot. Looks well rendered, but not like Park. Looks more like his "brother" from the Clone Wars show. What was his name? Savage Odor or something like that?

Anyway...great shot, sharp looking figure.

I feel medicom had the closest to Ray's face then SSv2 for what I like the best
b82172ea54a81fc42c49face60af8174.jpg
5ec0da764cc0557837501e45c2dda56d.jpg
27a1aaf125a82fb6a10be65c0cd0b1c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To stoke more fire on the debate, I couldn't resist making a comparison of these two headshots from KyloRen (HT) and RogueRunner (SS)

View attachment 459485

I do think the HT looks more generic... whereas the SS has a larger nose and semi-pursed lips that make it appear more realistic to human asymmetry. Whether either looks like Park is questionable... but SS is closer to a man-in-paint.

The tattoo size/shape looks far more accurate on the HT, but why they chose to have them embossed is weird? The SSC lip snarl is the magic bit of that one.

Oh well, I guess the "perfect" Maul would be a crossed between the two :rotfl

Still, can't wait to get the HT as well.

In those pictures, the shine on the HT face isn't helping it look any more real. The lack of that 'shine' definite benefits the SS picture.

That said, wasn't Maul a little shiny in TPM?

The SS might have the lip curl, but the HT still has an overall more fearsome look to it in my opinion. Which is the main thing that jumped out at me in the initial proto images and made me want to order.

I'm lazy but i dont see any photos of the speeder, is it not cool? I bought it specifically for my darth h
jar jar ...egads! was a meesa saying!?

image.jpg it’s cool but not sure it was worth the cost

Attachments

• C09A7F4E-4022-42C7-9FAA-A30CF95B88D4.jpeg
    C09A7F4E-4022-42C7-9FAA-A30CF95B88D4.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 363
Yeah I can see now the base is obviously enormous and takes too much space in a Detolf.

Well, not sure why I ordered the version w/ speeder, but I did. I’ll probably end up selling the speeder and cloak when I get the figure as I don’t really plan to display either. Really wish this guy came with a smaller base as well.

So just curious for those that have the DX set if a full Detolf Trampled Sand style shelf with a mounting hole for the speeder, droid, and Maul would be of interest. Or would separate stands be better for this?

Since the base is huge, especially for DX16, you can consider making a smaller figüre base to be in line with other SW figures.

Back