Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's not easy to stimulate the behaviour for sixth scale fabric like its real life counter part.

Seems like it needs more futzing than Palpatine.

I think I will go for a dynamic pose without the cloak.

Yes, I hadn't really considered using the cloak anyway. Too many layers as it is. Also can't cover up that great looking sculpt.

However it is a sinister look I guess.

I took the wires out of the leading edge of the cloak but it still does what it wants too, this is the best I can do for now.
58c7ba2e614118c641e1bb8c3a55d9c1.jpg
5f4d37661cee845da0c65ac81a53b673.jpg
782747acba3364b94f8d04e81439127d.jpg
787f1d86ced8a39d08ad0dde345d75f1.jpg

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Damn!

the more i see this figure , the more i want to buy the sideshow one ( just because it's cheaper)

Tried it closed it too, the problem is the cloak itself its hard to explain but once you get it you will understand.
41a2cda49dd6fdc6d7d9cf930330bf48.jpg

Yeah the cloak clearly doesn't work so well hanging straight down. The only way I'll probably use mine is more flared out like in his battle with Qui-Gon.

If only that fight went on longer, I know there’s some deleted material, it just had a lot of potential and it’s over in an instant, have them be further from the ship so it could go on without people being like why doesn’t Obi-Wan help.

7c2db5d66d0238ceea7853c3f8f9b6fa.jpg

I really like this pose from Virtual Devil’s review.
I think the hood is good here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You futz the cloak and the pleats just make it spring back into the shape it was.

If only that fight went on longer, I know there’s some deleted material, it just had a lot of potential and it’s over in an instant, have them be further from the ship so it could go on without people being like why doesn’t Obi-Wan help.

Absolutely. That scene had so much potential it kind of angers me whenever i watch it.

As does the handling of Maul in general. Anakin should have taken him out in a very different version of AOTC.

Anyway, i think i'm going to pick this guy up.

What parts of the robe have wires? Certainly the opening of the hood, is there one running from front to back? Does the body of the robe have wiring? The sleeves?

While I don’t care for the shiny material, one thing I love about the Medicom robe is that all the wires make for lots of posing of his costume.

Back