Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've probably seen this movie 20 times and it wasn't until this figure that I am just now realizing that he had two sets of eyebrows during that scene. I just took him as having weird "Joker" eyebrows that were embellished for that sequence but now I see that he actually painted on some "mime" eyebrows right above his real ones. Crazy.

trjNHQo.jpg

When I was a kid that bugged the hell out of me. "What the heck is up with his lips and brows".

At the time it hadn't occurred to me that he simply painted it up to look like a mime despite him putting flesh tones on his face in other parts of the film. :lol

Btmn_0489.jpg

I'm not a Nicholson Joker guy but I like it when HT does figures like this. "Who asked for this?" The answer is "somebody" even if it's not you. And I see it as if they'll do this for a couple random fans then I might be the "somebody" who gets catered to with a future release. Icons are awesome, but it's also fun to get more obscure/alternate looks as well that cater to the most hardcore fans.

So it shouldn't be a DX and it'll cost too much or whatever. These are all overpriced toys regardless of the moniker and someone out there will just skip a couple other purchases to make way for this treasured entry into their collection. I'm fine with that.

Probably the best, most logical post in this thread. :goodpost: :clap

I've probably seen this movie 20 times and it wasn't until this figure that I am just now realizing that he had two sets of eyebrows during that scene. I just took him as having weird "Joker" eyebrows that were embellished for that sequence but now I see that he actually painted on some "mime" eyebrows right above his real ones. Crazy.

trjNHQo.jpg

used to watch this movie all the time with my grandfather as a kid and for someone reason this was always one of his favorite if not favorite scenes, I think it just showed how twisted and off the wall Jack's Joker was, to be doing all of this is broad daylight and it front of all the cops and people and not caring one bit

At the time it hadn't occurred to me that he simply painted it up to look like a mime despite him putting flesh tones on his face in other parts of the film. :lol

And what makes it even weirder (in a cool way) is that he actually painted some *white* over his real eyebrows to obscure them and highlight his fake "mime" eyebrows, despite the rest of his face being naturally white due to the accident. But then he (the Joker character) still went ahead and painted some theatrical black on the edges of his real eyebrows to add flare or whatever. A totally bizarre presentation of a totally bizarre character. He's crazy on so many levels in that scene.

Well I guess it makes sense as this is keeping in line with Hot Toys strategy repaints and rereleases although the original Jack Joker is still available at retailers.

The eyes look very good. PERS looks like it will be a good thing. Nice detail with them being a little bloodshot.

I wish that top hat was on top of a DeVito Penguin instead.
No interest in the figure, but I might pick up the parted out pedestal and backdrop for my regular version.

I really.. REALLY like this figure - A LOT! :slap :gah:

I'd love to own it, but it kinda goes against my focus of one primary look for my core faves.

I feel like Anakin at the moment: "..I want MORE.. but I know I shouldn't."

:monkey1 :lol

What stupidity is this. And a DX? It comes with nothing. It would be a bad *** addition to a mob joker... alternate outfit and head NOT a core DX figure.

Stupid. Hot Toys is driving me insane these days.

What stupidity is this. And a DX? It comes with nothing. It would be a bad *** addition to a mob joker... alternate outfit and head NOT a core DX figure.

Stupid. Hot Toys is driving me insane these days.

You do realize you can just not buy it right?
Choices are awesome, let me tell you!

Why is the backround so low?
Meaning if he's on the steps , shouldn't the door be a lot higher?

I think it is possibly just a quick photoshop to show what it will be like. At least I hope it is... It is very much out of scale as-is:

fanvisit45_zps5da8c4c4.jpg

Sallah

It just doesn't look right IMO

That's what I thought too. Even if they do change it for when it's released, I wouldn't display it anyway, just the steps.

This is really growing on me. I'm starting to think this may have a stronger likeness as well. At first I thought it was the same sculpt just a retooled mouth but I'm not so sure anymore.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

It just doesn't look right IMO

The steps on the display base that came with DX12 Batman were also out of scale.

Back