Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first instinct with the Nicholson Joker figures was to completely skip them because I always thought (and still do think) that he was miscast--he was too much older than Keaton, he was paunchy, and Nicholson almost seemed to overwhelm the part. The first Nicholson Hot Toys release, with the gaudy outfit and the smile, looked okay to me--I mean, it was a dead-on Nicholson sculpt--but it just didn't do anything for me compared to Heath Ledger's take.

But I'm watching "The Departed" today, in which Jack plays an Irish Boston mob boss with a sleazy sense of humor and some interesting philosophical insights, and I have to admit that the guy is amazing in the role. Evil, yet so charming. This has me looking at the Nicholson Jokers in a new light, and even though the first release is still too much of a cartoony Joker design for my taste, I have to admit that the creepiness of the Mime version might make a great addition to my shelf. The Mime version just looks so...evil. Sure, he's significantly older than Batman, but I can see this figure as a middle-aged Joker who did indeed kill Batman at some point in the past and is still at large after all these years, and as deeply menacing as ever. So, long story short...I'm glad it's not incredibly popular among collectors, because that means it's still available for a reasonable price. I might just pick one up.

The current prices in the secondary market are pretty great for it. Makes me wish I would have waited a couple of months.

The current prices in the secondary market are pretty great for it. Makes me wish I would have waited a couple of months.

I noticed that too. I don't take it as a knock for the figure because it really is a great looking figure. I just think it was too niche for some people. I don't feel I missed out on these lower prices because I used Reward points from last spooktacular and got this guy for 100 bucks.

Woah, that submachine gun looks awesome with him. Nice touch.

I thought he had one in his hand when he jumped in the car...I checked the movie and it was all his thug mimes with them...still looks great!!!

Got my MIME last week love this figure....

10631123_10152633124709346_9186394217810952277_o.jpg

10514357_10152633124789346_3098202069341257237_o.jpg
10550121_10152633124699346_2386487160416458283_o.jpg

Almost a year after its release I finally decided to pick up the DX 14 Hot Toys Joker from '89 Batman. Long explaination short, it's a absolutely fantastic figure.

Just found this pic with good pic of all the mime's.

Awesome! That shot is on a card in the topps series 2 Batman set. I was going to upload but this is even better. The card reads The Master and His Mimes. Great photo. My mom just found a whole box of these cards while cleaning out her basement. Great memories and some have some great art.

So this is now 30% off on SS. Should I take the plunge for 145 free shipping and $20 in rewards?

Back