Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Fi...

Last figure of the year came right on time. So happy with this beauty

2eda.jpg

s0p9.jpg

Not sure about pose, so many possibilities. Can't wait for my second one so I can use the other (amazing) sculpt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Fi...

Last figure of the year came right on time. So happy with this beauty

2eda.jpg

s0p9.jpg

Not sure about pose, so many possibilities. Can't wait for my second one so I can use the other (amazing) sculpt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crisp pictures, excellent color. I love the warm light on Arnold, yet the silver blob remains callously cool.

Question for the gang: does anyone use the belt loop on the bandolier to hold the bandolier down and in place? Does it cover the chest wound too much?

How much time do you leave the papeclip on the jacket for it to set in place?

Permanently. Its invisible anyway.

A-dev what do you mean by staples in the lapels?

The lapels on the stock jackets don't fold over in the right location and they puff out a bit. So I took the jacket off, looked at the MMS jacket to see where I should fold the lapels (probably should have looked at the film itself though to be doubly sure), held them down and put a staple through them - as in the same staples that hold a magazine together. I stapled from the inside-out so that only the 2 ends of the staple would be visible on the outside and I then coloured those black. If you could actually get black staples that'd be better.

However while this worked pretty well on one of my full BD jackets I then tried it the semi-BD jacket with not so much success so I dunno, mileage may vary.

How was the T-1000 explained to be able to go back in the book?

Yeah, can anyone remind me? Was it a big bag of flesh or what?

Well that's nice, nobody asked any nuclear physicists. :cuckoo: That's my point... it's not very imaginative and completely kills the movie for me. You have this awesome movie and set-up with Terminator 2. The T-101, the Time Travel, the relationships, ect... then there is this giant ball of goo flying around that has no explanation. Either in the universe of the films, or in common sense. You don't have to be a physicist to know it doesn't work. haha.

I think it was just James Cameron decision. "Hey! we have this cool new technology that lets us make animated goo work... lets make him a terminator!" It bothers me because A. Everybody says James Cameron is the man and B. Everybody says T2 is the best movie.
There's quite a few people here that prefer the first (as I'm guessing you do). Yeah, I probably could have expressed my point better but IMO it's a shame to get caught-up on a device like that. It really doesn't matter to the story how or why the T-1000 is able to work. Just seems pointless to me to think about. Story, acting and effects are all top notch, which to me is what's important.

Why is the T-1000's technology so unbelievable anyway? Nanobots that can bond (harden) or un-bond (liquify) in various ways. If molecules can do it, why can't nanobots? That is, if you believe in nanobots.

A few of my pics!!

Like always with HT, third time is a charm.

I echo everyone else here in saying this is a fantastic figure. And while this was a $300 figure, I think HT should have just added the second body and bits and charged $400.

I gave one a pair of MMS pants with the knee slightly torn. I think they fit and look better as well.

t-800_dx13_01.jpg

t-800_dx13_02.jpg

t-800_dx13_03.jpg

t-800_dx13_04.jpg

t-800_dx13_05.jpg

t-800_dx13_06.jpg

t-800_dx13_07.jpg

t-800_dx13_08.jpg

t-800_dx13_09.jpg

t-800_dx13_10.jpg

Now please hurry up give us Police Shootout T-800 with tanker damage bits.

this figure looks pretty awesome!

Something about the sculpt still seems a bit young or perhaps toyish??

I have the enterbay BD and that sculpt is unreal so perhaps im comparing.

But Nonetheless this figure is pretty grand

A few of my pics!!

I echo everyone else here in saying this is a fantastic figure. And while this was a $300 figure, I think HT should have just added the second body and bits and charged $400.

I gave one a pair of MMS pants with the knee slightly torn. I think they fit and look better as well.

t-800_dx13_01.jpg

GREAT pics- it shows how well HT did this figure. Figure of the year in 1/6 for me, too

Yeah, can anyone remind me? Was it a big bag of flesh or what?

Yeah looking into it maybe it wasn't the book, maybe a comic or deleted script sequence. Ive heard it explained like a thin cocoon or covering of living cells. Heard that often.

My number one technical problem with the actual filming is the short terrible sequence with the t-1000 dummy hanging off the back of the car. lol Im not super serious but its funny to me. I always thought that was kinda shoddy

4:48 here

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuiJBeC8mEk[/ame]

BTW My T-800 won't be here till the 7th boo lol

Yeah looking into it maybe it wasn't the book, maybe a comic or deleted script sequence. Ive heard it explained like a thin cocoon or covering of living cells. Heard that often.

My number one technical problem with the actually filming is the short terrible sequence with the t-1000 dummy hanging off the back of the car.

BTW My T-800 won't be here till the 7th boo lol

Yeah that was obvious- too bad Cameron couldn't fix it but he's not Lucas and won't upgrade his films...at least yet!

Great shots Evilface:clap

Very nice terminator collection too, I'm torn as to which is my favorite now, the technoir or DX13, guess I don't need to pick as both are fantastic collectibles:)

Yeah that was obvious- too bad Cameron couldn't fix it but he's not Lucas and won't upgrade his films...at least yet!

lol

Yeah I would rather it just be left alone. Wish the Starwars films would of been too. Flaws and all. I just remember being in the theatre going yeah thats not a dummy or anything lol Kinda pulled you out of the moment.

Love the film tho.

Its amazing the digital effects hold up today so well compared to others in that era. I think its because they focused on what they could do VERY well with them. Not just what they could do.

Nice display, Evil. Really considering grabbing another DX-10 for a semi-clean look. Wish someone would just make some black tee's suited for Arnold. Seems like such a simple accessory and yet so difficult to find.

A few of my pics!!

t-800_dx13_10.jpg

Now please hurry up give us Police Shootout T-800 with tanker damage bits.

Cause I'm Batman!

Back