Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the pics; go back and look at OMG's photos of Noland from Predators, one of their last figures before the flat waxy thing started happening; Hot Toys process changed, not OMG's photos.

DX10 looked bad in OMGs pics and I don't think it looks nowhere near as bad in hand. I think the same will be said for the DX13. I just don't think OMG pics are the end all, be all of what a product looks like.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

DX10 looked bad in OMGs pics and I don't think it looks nowhere near as bad in hand. I think the same will be said for the DX13. I just don't think OMG pics are the end all, be all of what a product looks like.

Great point!!!....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Talk me out of buying a second one.

Look at it this way, soon there will be a t1000, then police shoot out version, and then may be another t1... This circle is never ending so buy spares, to use the other head sculpt, only thing you will miss out is the battle damage body. .. And that in any case wont be as accurate for the semi damaged sculpt as he wasn't beaten so hard till the arm got stuck. So, use spare body, and pants... Save dollars...

Another Hot Toys T-1000? Where? It had everything anyone could want.

Headsculpt would be better today. Just look at how the excellent DX13 prototype turned into the even more excellent sculpts we ended up getting it. You better believe a sculpt from 09/10 could be done better today.

Make a pretzel man T-1000 and provide a new clean headsculpt with it.

Headsculpt would be better today. Just look at how the excellent DX13 prototype turned into the even more excellent sculpts we ended up getting it. You better believe a sculpt from 09/10 could be done better today.

Make a pretzel man T-1000 and provide a new clean headsculpt with it.

Very very well said...

I do not understand the Enterbay comparison that is going around. Apples and Oranges. We all know it is a different scale. I think both are great and we are all fortunate to have a BD T-800 available in both scales.

:exactly: The Enterbay Vs Hot Toys debate got old about ten minutes after I joined this forum.

Different scales. Move on people.

The lighting in the pictures can make things seem off I noticed. Not just in OMG's pictures, but most of the Final Product reviewers as well.

Yeah, then it comes out and years from now we look at it and say, "it could be better". Thing is, we've never had a 1/6 Battle Damaged T-800 before. Of course it should be up to date as far as standards go. But then what? It's 2015, sculpts have improved. Should we get another Battle Damaged version of Uncle Bob? Okay, it's 2018 that old 2015 sculpt is obsolete now, time for a 3.0? Before you know it, 2013 will be "four years ago" before we know it.

We finally got the Battle Damaged T-800 we've been wanting for the past 4 to 5 years. Now we all seem to want a redo of past figures. Where does it end? If things are constantly improving each year (and they are), none of our characters will ever match up to previous ones. Say they make a new regular Uncle Bob, boom, it's better looking than the battle damage. After that, they make a new T-1000 that blows away all the T-800s in terms of likeness and details. Now all the others look "off". Do you really want to keep doing this forever?

It's not like they're so bad that they look like these,

ss_t800_004.jpg

shades.jpg

review_t1000_6.jpg

Even the Hot Toys T-1000 sausage finger and DX 10's PERS aren't anywhere near those. Everything can be improved until the end of time, sure. But do you really want to buy more versions after all the money you put into your collection? You really can't wait until the day where half of the things you bought are "obsolete"?

The only figure I seem to NEVER tire of buying is Batman. I think this is my last Terminator figure. I they made a T1 Kyle Reese, then I would be on the hook again but the constant rehashes of the same figure gets old. I even have some buyers remorse for buying the last DX Bats & DX Ledger Joker. Not that they weren't/aren't great figures, but for the increased price I don't think they were enough improvements to justify me spending what I did on them. When DX 10 rolled around, I passed on the figure for the same reason and just bought the weapons instead.

Even the Hot Toys T-1000 sausage finger and DX 10's PERS aren't anywhere near those. Everything can be improved until the end of time, sure. But do you really want to buy more versions after all the money you put into your collection? You really can't wait until the day where half of the things you bought are "obsolete"?

In the words of Han Solo 'hey....its me!'

Yeah I'd keep buying Terminator figures. Everything else can be one and done for all I care but with Terminator I'm all in for improvements. I can only buy what they choose to make so that would keep me in check. Terminator isn't Iron Man (unfortunately)

Well we must remember not everyone buys everytime. Also there are many people, including youngsters who jump on to this band wagon as new buyers. many kids may not be able to afford one now and many may even see the movies and then want one. Imagine if these figures were made in 1990s and then no one ever made any. So i am sure for iconic characters it makes sense to make them again, not like every month but am sure every 3 -4 years there is no harm. If they made a jor el like every 2 years i will surely have an issue. But imagine as technology improves may be there will be better back drops, more features, enhancements and value adds based on cost economies and more importantly many artists would also like to take a stab at their own version of what is done before. For iconic figures i am sure there will always be demand (existing and new buyers) value and also scope of enhancements - so definitely makes sense to do it. Lastly, people are ready to buy 2-3 of the same one now, so why not different versions with more and more improvements rather than same ones stalking the shelves (which is also ok if someone is a one series collector)

HT's T1000 is awesome no doubt but I'd be down for another one with an upgraded PERS sculpt. I think he'd really benefit from the DX treatment.

I never picked up the T-1000, so I wouldn't mind a new version to go with these DX Arnie figures. The new chrome one looks pretty cool, but I doubt I will do the punching pose with it.

Back