Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, I just got a email from SSC notifying me that there are still around 50 non-EX DX13 available and that they are sending me the email because I am waitlisted on the EX DX13. They did the same with the 1/4 Batman. I feel like they are trying to get me to cancel my EX waitlist, haha. I don't know why they're regular is $10 more than the EX...

LOL, I just got a email from SSC notifying me that there are still around 50 non-EX DX13 available and that they are sending me the email because I am waitlisted on the EX DX13. They did the same with the 1/4 Batman. I feel like they are trying to get me to cancel my EX waitlist, haha. I don't know why they're regular is $10 more than the EX...

I am in the same boat. I could care less about the ex but its $10 cheaper:cuckoo:

No Metal Poly Alloy?

Is the DX 13 made of mimetic Polly Alloy? ;) Bend over :rotfl:rotfl

On a more serious note this came up in a Terminator book that followed the Cameron timeline. At the end of the last book it shows up what went on at the time displacement facility.

John Connor asks for a volunteer damn well knowing who is going to put his hand up. Reese specifically asks if he can take future weapons to which the scientist guy tells him "Not unless you can fit it up your @ss" He than goes on to explain how only living tissue can go through.

John sends Reese through and than he sends Uncle Bob through and than blows the place. The best part of this scene is that Sarah is still alive and joined John on the mission. She hides herself out of sight of Reese and watches him leave for the past in order to save her life. Such a bittersweet moment.

On a more serious note this came up in a Terminator book that followed the Cameron timeline. At the end of the last book it shows up what went on at the time displacement facility.

John Connor asks for a volunteer damn well knowing who is going to put his hand up. Reese specifically asks if he can take future weapons to which the scientist guy tells him "Not unless you can fit it up your @ss" He than goes on to explain how only living tissue can go through.

John sends Reese through and than he sends Uncle Bob through and than blows the place. The best part of this scene is that Sarah is still alive and joined John on the mission. She hides herself out of sight of Reese and watches him leave for the past in order to save her life. Such a bittersweet moment.

Such a shame they seem determined never to make a film of that.

Such a shame they seem determined never to make a film of that.

All I have ever wanted is a movie based on the future war scenes depicted T1 and T2. I don't know why this is so hard.

When I heard T4 was going to be in the future I was super excited until I saw the trailer. Warthog planes, helicopters flying around blowing up Endos with small arms projectile weapons (in which the last 3 movies spent telling us were freaking useless!)

I never knew what Arnold said to John in that scene! haha

Metal Poly Alloy, is it? Interesting.... I haven't seen the films in a while, maybe they explained this or maybe someone could explain it to me really quick. If Kyle is John's father and dies during the time he is sent back to protect Sarah, does that mean it is a constant loop/circle? I guess I'm wondering, how does John exist in Kyle's world in the time before he is sent back? Does that make sense? I might just be over-thinking but I was always wondering that.

Its honestly the only thing worth doing at this point. Make that or don't bother at all. Buuut I guess more time travel and good Terminator/Bad Terminator is the order of the day.

Interesting.... I haven't seen the films in a while, maybe they explained this or maybe someone could explain it to me really quick. If Kyle is John's father and dies during the time he is sent back to protect Sarah, does that mean it is a constant loop/circle? I guess I'm wondering, how does John exist in Kyle's world in the time before he is sent back? Does that make sense? I might just be over-thinking but I was always wondering that.

It's a theoretical phenomenon referred to as a predestination paradox or a temporal causality loop, which is the term more often used in science fiction works. It is indeed a constant loop, which is how John exists in Kyle's world before Kyle is sent back to father him. Wikipedia actually does a surprisingly good job explaining it. Either term should get you to the article, if you're interested.

It's a theoretical phenomenon referred to as a predestination paradox or a temporal causality loop, which is the term more often used in science fiction works. It is indeed a constant loop, which is how John exists in Kyle's world before Kyle is sent back to father him. Wikipedia actually does a surprisingly good job explaining it. Either term should get you to the article, if you're interested.

I will definitely check it out. Always love learning new things. Thanks, mate!

the highlighted part is impossible if i understood it correctly (Sarah being alive while discovering the time displacement machine): a book written by Randall Frakes who had all the access to the original full T2 script, describing all undone future scenes in T2, clearly states that Sarah Connor died while leading a squadron just before Resistance shut the Skynet down. John got the news while finishing the supercomputer. she never saw the Skynet defeat with her own eyes.
Randall Frakes is a film and science fiction writer primarily known for his work with long-time friends, Bill Wisher, and James Cameron on The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
i have no luck to have that book in english (only the translated one), so i cannot give an original quote of the event.

THat would be a cool thing to see.

the highlighted part is impossible if i understood it correctly (Sarah being alive while discovering the time displacement machine): a book written by Randall Frakes who had all the access to the original full T2 script, describing all undone future scenes in T2, clearly states that Sarah Connor died while leading a squadron just before Resistance shut the Skynet down. John got the news while finishing the supercomputer. she never saw the Skynet defeat with her own eyes.
i have no luck to have that book in english (only the translated one), so i cannot give an original quote of the event.

That'd be a pity because I prefer the idea of Sarah being there as Reese is being sent back. Though actually it never occurred to me that Sarah would still be alive during the 2029 events. T3 gave her cancer and had her survive only just past 1997 if memory serves and T:TSCC had an episode where that cancer could possibly have begun so it looked like they were going to run with that too.

I am guessing the book author only took the events of the movie in to account or chose to recon that detail.

That'd be a pity because I prefer the idea of Sarah being there as Reese is being sent back. Though actually it never occurred to me that Sarah would still be alive during the 2029 events. T3 gave her cancer and had her survive only just past 1997 if memory serves and T:TSCC had an episode where that cancer could possibly have begun so it looked like they were going to run with that too.

The book follows the Cameron timeline therefore, there is no mention of Cancer as that was not Cameron's intention with the character.

Her age in 2029 would be in her early 60's.

That'd be a pity because I prefer the idea of Sarah being there as Reese is being sent back.
i think it would be too vanilla pink compared to their T1 fate.
i also think now that even T2 idea of Sarah dying just before Skynet defeat was against the T1 plot: why the hell would Kyle keep a picture of young Sarah and be in love with her when she would be alive and old? and why would John keep that photo? either she was dead or they were all crazy.

Back