Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Battle Damaged T-800 = Way over priced (past too damn much) with a lot of junk that doesn't even equal it's "value".

Will most likely have resell value.

Enterbay Battle Damaged T-800 = Overpriced, way less junk, too damn big and a clunky mess.

Will have zero resell value.

:rotfl glass half empty vs. half full vs. no glass vs. a cup of whiskey full to the brim... ah I get what your saying:lol

Hot Toys Battle Damaged T-800 = Way over priced (past too damn much) with a lot of junk that doesn't even equal it's "value".

Enterbay Battle Damaged T-800 = Overpriced, way less junk, too damn big and a clunky mess.

If resale value is your big concern that's a little bit sad :dunno

If resale value is your big concern that's a little bit sad :dunno

Never said it was.

It isn't for me, but it seems to be a factor in other collectors' minds. Seems like most people keep their collectibles for less than a year before they're on ebay or somewhere in the marketplace. The shelf life doesn't seem to be that long.

Enterbay's value is pretty terrible, atleast the original 1/4 Terminator. People are better off waiting a few months.

I agree with your points. One thing I would say though, is that if $350ish for a high end, 1/4 scale figure is overpriced, then I think everything HT and SSC put out nowadays are also overpriced.

Also, the long term value of the 1/4 scale figure is an open question. There aren't that many collectors relatively speaking that are buying these things. So, less demand = lower value. But this could change. I don't think it will, but you never know. I think the Batman they did has the most potential value because of the popularity of the character and franchise.

Only problem I see is one is 1/6 the other 1/4. :dunno

I agree with your points. One thing I would say though, is that if $350ish for a high end, 1/4 scale figure is overpriced, then I think everything HT and SSC put out nowadays are also overpriced.

Oh yeah, no argument there.

That's why I put "way overpriced" for the Hot Toys BD. These things are getting ridiculously expensive and we (myself included, somewhat) just keep eating them up. It's getting pretty damn bad.

There's something terribly wrong when the Enterbay version is only $50-70 more than the Hot Toys version.

Most of these collectibles could and should be easily $100 less than what they are.

Only problem I see is one is 1/6 the other 1/4. :dunno

That too, as you say, "Wrong size" or "Wrong scale".

I meant the Terminator specifically, not Batman or Joker.

The first regular Enterbay Terminator goes for much less than it's original MSRP. Seems like it's hard to sell the guy, even MIB.

WHO cares?
You sound like pseudo wallstreet brokers
Comparing the reselling appeal to make either figure look bad
Neither release is perfect I think
I dig the dx13 and the EB bd for their own qualities whats the point of comparing them? They are not boxing in the same category.
:)

Now if you don't own the clean t800 I can understand why some can be frustrated tho :)

luke-skywalker-7.jpg

Looks like your pers is broken.

Better contact Sideshow before Christmas.

i never heard of enterbay prior from joining this forum. i personally like 1/6 scale for me. though i have to admit enterbay's the professional is pretty snazzy. i love that movie and would like to own that. any who, i took the plunge and pre-ordered this from ss and applied my end is near coupon. i'll take my discounts when i can:yess:.

Enterbay's value is pretty terrible, atleast the original 1/4 Terminator.
The first regular Enterbay Terminator goes for much less than it's original MSRP. Seems like it's hard to sell the guy, even MIB.
Where are these bargain priced Enterbay T800's you speak of? I wouldn't mind a second if I can get it way below it's original retail price of $325.

Yeah its funny that the enterbay t800 is not going up in price, and still at retail stores, I just got mine a few days ago from bbts. Its a real awesome piece I must say. I think the reason is that 1/4 scale has'nt caught on yet, I'm not sold on collecting it ether.

It makes for a great centerpiece for a collection but I don't want a bunch of them, just two or three tops. Right now its just the 1/4 t-800 and the hot toys 1/4 endo I want, not of the mind to get the enterbay bd as it stands right now.

Back