Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, it's nice to see an up to date review of an older release.

On a related note, I've recently learned HT's first three licenses were Alien/Predator, Robocop and Terminator, in which they seem to have deviated from.

I got Justin a brand new T-1000, it's nice to see him only just getting these older figures. To me, most of the T1/T2 figures are a must own if you're a HT collector.

Sucks that HT won't at least do a Battle damaged Arnie from dark fate.

Yeah, I find myself losing interest in all the new stuff. I remember when I used to get excited at the figure releases. Now, not so much. More marvel and more Star Wars. Don't get me wrong I got some figures from those lines. But, I really wish HT would do more than just Star Wars and Marvel. I'd like to see them do more on the original licenses like Alien, predator and robo cop.

Alien 2.0 could definitely be improved with an updated version along with some colonial marines
Jungle Hunter 2.0 that has been mentioned about a billion times, yet somehow HT hasn't picked up on that yet
Plenty of figures could be done and some updated from Robocop as well.

I've only got a three figures on PO for the upcoming year (Commander Cody, Armored Thanos, Qui Gon Jinn). Used to be like 8-12 LOL. I have a feeling this will be it for me with no new orders after this year. Unless HT pulls a hail mary with a T1 endo or something I think I'm ready to call it quits.

I'm sure Howard mentioned revisiting the Colonial Marines in an interview a few years ago but needless to say nothing came of that. Those would get me rubbing my hands together along with any classic Terminator stuff.

I might get the Batman Forever figures when they release 8 years from now or I'll have lost any interest whatsoever by then.

IMG_0348.jpg

Cant beat a classic.

Non-movie accurate can be cool enough. In my attempt to cut down on the amount of figures I have I blended a couple of moments with the T-1000 - I combined the part where he takes five shotgun hits from Sarah Connor with the finger wagging moment to create one figure - in the actual movie he takes the shotgun hits then heals them and only then wags his finger but it's not really worth Hot Toys money to have each stage of this scene represented.

So likewise with the T-800, there is one singular accurate way to display the memorable 'scanning' scene but if people have chosen a different way that blends other parts of the movie I can understand the reasons for doing so.

In the script and art for the film, he's actually supposed to look like that. Originally he got the glowing red eye from the SWAT team at Cyberdyne.

script.jpg

Stage 5/6

Terminator-2-Judgment-Day-T-800-Stan-Winston-Studios-artwork-1.jpg

Probably scrapped it because that would require too much make up and prosthetic work for too many scenes. Would have been cool as **** though.

As in for next year's 30th anniversary? Sure, always hoping but zero expectation from Hot Toys. NECA might do something though. Seems like a prime opportunity to get Trevor Grove on the case and bring their T2 line up to the new standard set by those Dark Fate figures.

I just want a really nice 1/6 endoskeleton from T1/T2, is that really so much to ask for?

You’re expecting too much.

We do this to ourselves every year. I don’t think Hot Toys cares that Terminator was their first movie license and I don’t think they’re aware that Kyle Reese was MMS 001.

If that were you or me in there and it was our company’s 20th anniversary, we most certainly would. Hell, I’d make this weird two pack that would contain Kyle Reese AND Hicks with a little flashback bio write up about how far the company has come. But this is Hot Toys we’re talking about, there is nothing logical about what they do.

All I expect is more from Iron Man, Spider-man and Star Wars with a 20th anniversary bow on it. It's ****** because they won't even make the correct figures when they go down that route.

As far as Spider-Man goes, i still can’t believe they haven’t made this,

F0BAFC33-4E0F-40A4-8B5F-7A641E86495F.jpeg

They’re daft.

Back