Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard of Terminator until my brother asked my mom to take him to see T2 for his birthday. I was 11 at the time. I never saw a preview or had any knowledge of it beforehand and to be honest, the title didn't sound all that appealing to me. When we got to the theatre, Arnold was already kicking some ass in the biker bar. After that, I was hooked and got T1 on VHS for Christmas. Came with a free pack of T2 trading cards. Hells yeah.

I saw T2 first. My mam rented it for me - a new release in '92. My aunt and my cousin had seen it in the cinema and I was intrigued by their stories of 'robots throwing each other through walls'. I was glued to the film, I remember my jaw dropping at the bullet holes closing on the T-1000, and balling my eyes out at the end.

Still my no.1 film of all time. Always will be.

I wish I could remember the first time I saw T1 and T2. I can't even remember which I saw first.

T1 - 1985 on superchannel. I was 9 years old and I fell in love with film ever since. That and BTTF was my most favorite.

T2 - In the theatre. 5 years later and I was this close to enrolling in the Vancouver film school.

I'm a huge Godfather, Shawshank, Goodfellas, etc fan but there aren't many more films than the first two Terminator films that were more impacting to me.

I also have a strange memory that my dad can't confirm happened, but he could have simply forgotten because it wasn't important to him like it was to me.

When T2 came out on VHS, obviously I wanted it right away so we asked the guy at the local video rental store how/where we could purchase a copy. He told us it would cost over $120 to own at the time of release so we would have to wait a few months for the retail price to come down (it was in his store to rent however). He explained that this was due to the cost of production and (this part of the memory is fuzzy) he either said it was because of the effects used or he said it was a similar situation with the movie called 'FX.'

I've never heard of such a thing before or since and as I said, my dad can't substantiate my supposed memory.

T1 - 1985 on superchannel. I was 9 years old and I fell in love with film ever since. That and BTTF was my most favorite.

T2 - In the theatre. 5 years later and I was this close to enrolling in the Vancouver film school.

I'm a huge Godfather, Shawshank, Goodfellas, etc fan but there aren't many more films than the first two Terminator films that were more impacting to me.

:lecture

I was 8, so about 1989.
We were visiting my aunt and uncle and it was really warm.
I had to go to bed when Arnold crashed in the police station and slept in the bed of my cousin and I had a look out of the window, while it was dark, so I did see the arm and eye surgery scene.

Outside I saw the neighbor's house and there was a garland on which all bulbs were broken.
Except ONE TINY RED ONE near the corner.
I guess you know what I was thinking.
:lol

THIS IS NO JOKE! The story is 100% true.

That was it for me. I needed to see it complete as soon as I could and a few years later I finally saw it, together with T2, I guess '93.

After both...I became addicted to this particular chrome skull...

I grew up with Arnold and Sly's movies:) I was about 9 years when I first watched Conan with my mother at the cinema, he quickly became the hero of my entire life:) I thought that Arnold was the only muscular man in the world in these days:)

I saw both Terminators on VHS in 1992. I watched T2 first then watched T1 and then watched T2 again right after. I was 7 and I was in awe.

waiting for eb's fully reveal. but probably ending up ordering this figure because:

- it's 1/6
- it's cheaper
- T-1000

I thought that Arnold was the only muscular man in the world in these days:)

Yeah, as a child, I totally bought into this idea that Arnie was the biggest and strongest man in the world. Although Dolph Lundgren as He-Man also impressed. In a way I saw them both as real life He-men...........'He-man', seriously what kind of name is that.

Yeah, as a child, I totally bought into this idea that Arnie was the biggest and strongest man in the world. Although Dolph Lundgren as He-Man also impressed. In a way I saw them both as real life He-men...........'He-man', seriously what kind of name is that.

HE-MAN, just the epitome and archetype of manhood.

That was an awesome childhood story, Endo :lol

My older brother recorded it for me (T1) off of superchannel but edited out the missile tits scene. :D

The term "mother****er" was embedded in my head though.

My older brother recorded it for me (T1) off of superchannel but edited out the missile tits scene. :D

Thx, man.

I guess we're all here for the same reasons.
So the same scenes still have the same impact.

For example I still love to see the tech noir scene. SO intense the way she is scared, he's stepping through the crowd, she manages to avoid his sight, although unwanted...comes up...looks to Reese...switch to the Terminator and he gets his mistakes and momentarily turns and has his target again.........

Damn, after I finished watching Predator 2 on BR I need to put in the new T1 BR and watch this scene again...

Missile tits scene? Lol what's that?

Back